Thursday, April 21, 2011

CS 29T Chalk Pastels Happiness Shared

Welcome to today’s Creative-Sketches Design Team Challenge!  Each week the Creative-Sketches challenge changes… and today’s challenge features a card layout AND the Chalk Pastels Technique!

If you’re unfamiliar with the technique, it’s quite simple…

  • Stamp your image with Versa Mark Ink, and then use the sponge applicator included with your pastels to apply color. 
  • It helps to work in a circle motion. 
  • Reapply chalk to acquire more intense color, and use an eraser to remove chalk from areas you may have colored unintentionally. 
  • Sometimes a fixative is applied to the finished product to keep all the chalk in place… inexpensive hair spray works well enough for cards. 
  • If you’re scrapbooking a family treasure, you may want to invest in an art quality fixative… just read the fine print to ensure it is archival safe.

Here’s the card I created for today’s CS29T challenge, featuring the Happiness Shared Stamp Set, Certainly Celery 5/8” Satin Ribbon, and a Double Loop Bow tied on my fingers.

CS29T Chalk Pastels, Happiness Shared, TEchnique, Sharon Field

It’s also a sneak peek of a new Summer Mini Catalog item, and one I’m happy to see Stampin’ Up! offer… a Postage Stamp Punch!  Isn’t it fun? 

Both greeting and solo flower image were attached to the card with stampin’ dimensionals, and the Double Loop Bow was secured with three Mini Glue Dots.

Here’s the sketch for today’s challenge:

CS29CT-0421 Challenge, Creative-Sketches

Hope you’ll play along with us!  Create a card, or scrapbook page using the Chalk Pastel Technique described earlier in today’s post, and the sketch shown above. 

  1. Upload your design to an online gallery such as Flickr, Photobucket, or Splitcoaststampers
  2. Right click on your uploaded photo, and copy the photo URL.
  3. Then visit the Creative-Sketches Design Team Blog and use the linky tool at the bottom of the post to enter your name and design URL.

See you tomorrow with a new Sketch Frenzy Friday challenge based design!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

10 comments:

Stamping 4 Pleasure said...

Hi Sharon . . . thanks for stopping by my blog and for your lovely comment.

Just having a visit to your blog and discovered you are one VERY creative lady. LOVE that bookmark card, and thanks for the instrucs on how to make it.

Hugs, Sandra

nana_cindy42 said...

Oh! This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love pastel chalks! And your card is so well-done! Love it, love it, love it!

irishgalkelly said...

Hi Sharon!
Love your card today! It is just beautiful with those colors and looks like Spring! Love that new punch, it looks fun. I can tell you that I haven't used my chalks in years but made need to dust them off and give this a try. I guess I just find blender pens much faster. Hope you have a wonderful Easter!

lisa808 said...

Sharon, this card is stunning! Love your coloring. And, I am always in awe of your double loop bows.

MarĂ­a said...

Gorgeous Card!! TFS :)

Shari Winterstein said...

Absolutely gorgeous card. I love the soft sweetness of it and I also really like the way you used the new postage stamp punch. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Cherie said...

Wow! This card is stunning! So-o beautiful! Thanks for sharing your wonderful creativity with us!

Card Crazy said...

Breathtaking! Exquisite patterns and colors.
Sue S.

Alita said...

Wowzers Sharon!!!!!
This is such a fall down drop dead GORGEOUS Card!!!!! Oh, how I wish I could use the pastels as well as you do!!!! I try but just can't get the depth that I want from them in certain areas.

I have been feeling a little down but after seeing this lovely and elegant card - well who can feel down when they are truly looking at what an artist can do!
Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful card.

Bev Polen said...

Sharon, your card is so "soft" and beautiful!! I love it! TFS!