Tuesday, March 29, 2011

UDI 29 Color Therapy…uh, Coloring

Water coloring that is!  This week’s Utah Divas International Color Challenge inspired me to pick up my aqua painter and use the challenge colors a bit differently. 

The stamp set is called “The Nicest Things” and can be found on page 71 of the Idea Book & Catalog.  The sweet little girls were stamped with Crumb Cake Classic Ink… I knew I would be going over some of the lines with darker colors so didn’t worry about coloring each individual line with stampin’ write markers!UDI29_SharonField

Water color paper made this image really easy to color… I tried it first on Whisper White Card Stock, but wasn’t very pleased with my meager attempt. 

The very bottom edge of Rich Razzleberry Card Sock base is enhanced with a strip of square lattice embossed card stock in the same color… just adding a small touch of texture to the card.

Coloring and/or water coloring images is kind of mindless therapy… the key of course, is not to have your aqua painter brush too wet with color and/or water!  Having a paper towel near by can also avoid disasters, as you can sometimes quickly blot up your mistakes and lessen their impact (LOL voice of experience?)

I hope you’ll play along with the Utah Divas International Color Challenge Design Team this week… and look forward to viewing your creations!  Here’s this week’s inspiration piece:

UDI29

Love the texture in the squares of the pillows.. would like to have an embossing folder like that, wouldn’t you?

Stamps and supplies used in today’s UDI29 Color Therapy…uh, Coloring Color Challenge Card:

Stamps:  The Nicest Things #121530 (Clear Mount) or 117036 (Wood Mount)

Card Stock:  Watercolor Paper, Rich Razzleberry, Poppy Parade

Classic Ink:  Crumb Cake

Big Shot Machine and Square Lattice Textured Embossing Folder (TEF)

Accessories:  Aqua Painter, Stampin’ Write Markers, Paper Towel, Neutrals Buttons, narrow Grosgrain Ribbon

See you tomorrow for another edition of the Diva Coffee Break Design Team Challenge!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online Stampin’ Up Store for these products and more… your orders are always greatly appreciated!

Pin It!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHEN I FIRST SAW THIS STAMP I THOUGHT "NO WAY"! YOU HAVE SHOWN ME A DELIGHTFUL CARD AND NOW MY MIND IS ALL A BUZZ OF WHAT I CAN DO! I WILL PURCHASE THIS ONE NOW!
THANKS,
CANDYCC

Charlotte said...

What a cute image! Reminds me of my girls when they were little. Thank you for sharing about water coloring. I've shied away from coloring images, but any technique that's "mindless" (lol) is worth attempting! So, I'm going to have to give this a try.

Peggy said...

Great card, love this image, following you from SC #381
Peggy Finney my blog is www.stampinpeg.blogspot.com

Tonya said...

Cute card! I would never have thought to buy this set since I have three boys, but after seeing this card I might just have to purchase it! Thanks!