Friday, March 18, 2011

Sketch Frenzy Friday: You’re a Gem… Truly!

With a color palate a bit out of my comfort zone, here is this week’s Sketch Frenzy Friday Design Team Card!  I think my inspiration came from the So Saffron Botanical Gazette Designer Series Paper with a honey comb pattern… and the rest of the card just happened!

SFF318_SharonField

Funny, I’ve totally neglected my Elegant Lines Textured Embossing Folder for quite some time!  Looking at the card now, I’ve got another idea for using it LOL! 

The “You’re a Gem” stamp set is one of those that can be earned free during Sale-A-Bration, and one that I had totally overlooked until recently.  Here, I’ve paired it with the Artistic Etchings stamp set.. Queen For a Day just wouldn’t be the same without a crown, right?

Basic Jewel Pearls were added to the crown, and on stamped images along the sides of Whisper White Card Stock… just seemed appropriate.

Today’s sketch was created/designed by Sketch Frenzy Friday Team Member Deb Currier using Stampin’ Up! My Digital Studio Software.  It’s a really easy way to create sketches for your scrapbook pages, cards, and of course custom scrapbooks for family and friends!

sff031811_DebCurrier

I really had to resist using the Baroque Motifs stamp set on this card… Deb made it so simple to CASE as is! 

Sketch Frenzy Friday is a mini blog hop, and next step is Tammy Baldwin’s delightful little blog!  Be sure to leave her an encouraging comment.. we all love that LOL!!

Stamps and supplies use in todays’ Sketch Frenzy Friday:  You’re a Gem… Truly! Card Share:

Stamps:  You’re a Gem, Artistic Etchings

Card Stock:  So Saffron, Whisper White, Night of Navy, Early Espresso

Classic Ink:  Night of Navy, So Saffron

Big Shot Machine and Elegant Lines Textured Embossing Folder

Accessories:  Basic Jewel Pearls, Botanical Gazette Designer Series Paper, Whisper White Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon, Open Scallop Border Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals

I look forward to seeing you tomorrow with another fun and fabulous free Super Saturday Tutorial from Created by You!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online Stampin’ Up Store for these products and more… your orders are always greatly appreciated!

Pin It!

10 comments:

Melinda said...

Oh so regal! LOL! Love it!

Audrey Pettit said...

This is beautiful and oh, so elegant, Sharon! I think you really rocked these colors, and I just love the stamped images and sentiment. Lovely embossing, too. This is fabulous!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Once again another beautiful project! I followed over from the Stampin' Connection Thread and I am now following your blog! Can you please follow my blog. Thanks!!

Tammy Fite said...

So pretty!! Love the embossing!

Deb said...

This is such a super cute and wonderful card! I love it!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Sharon I love this card. It's probably the nicest one I've seen using this stamp set. All the elements work including the embossing folder which really adds a richness to the background and works well with the so saffron card stock. TFS. Very inspiring.

Sillyfilly said...

I love this card. It's so cute. I am going to case it! Thanks Carla for another great post.

Jeanne Nielsen said...

Love the card and love the idea of posting a sketch using MDS! Brilliant! TFS!

Linda H said...

Love the card! Looks so Royal!

Sunflower Stamper said...

Great card!! Love your combination of elements!!