Friday, March 11, 2011

SFF311 CAS Great Friend Resurrected

LOL.. I’ve been working with so much color lately, I’m beginning to get the hang of it.. maybe!  Today’s Sketch Frenzy Friday Challenge is a sketch designed by team member Angela Walters, and I’ve kicked it up a notch with LOTS of color!

I hadn’t used the Great Friend Stamp Set for quite a while… and I’m not sure what inspired me to pick it up and do a brightly colored technicolor card… Like the sketch, my card is very CAS (Clean and Simple)… I hope you like it!

SFF31111_SharonField

The designer paper used on this card is Build a Bear Pawsitively Prints.. no paws at all on this paper.. jut prints suitable for fresh, fun and crisp cards for guys or girls.  The background on this card is a Tempting Turquoise print (not Baja Breeze as in the past couple of days LOL).

I love a touch of black on cards.. sometimes it really makes your focal image pop!  The banner stamped “for you” at the bottom of the card is a left over from cutting petal cone dies for last week’s Super Saturday Petal Cone Die Cake Tutorial.  Got to use those scraps sometimes LOL!

To get the black shadow, I simply added a piece of cardstock 1/8” wider than the banner, and used my SNIPS to cut into the V of the banner.

Adding Basic Jewel Pearls really stepped up this card a LOT… I was amazed at the difference!  Here I’ve used the medium and large Basic Jewel Pearls on the butterfly bodies, and to represent the head of the butterfly.

SFF31111b_SharonField

Come play along with the Sketch Frenzy Friday Design Team this week!  Simply upload a card to an online gallery or your blog.. and then visit the team blog to upload your sketch based card or scrapbook page!

SFF311_AngelaWalters

Sketch Frenzy Friday operates a bit like a mini blog hop… the next stop on the way is creative team member Tammy Baldwin.  Be sure to stop by and leave her a sweet comment.

Stamps and Supplies used in today’s SFF311 CAS Great Friend Resurrected Card Share:

Stamps:  Great Friend

Card Stock:  Whisper White, Basic Black

Classic Ink:  Pear Pizzazz, Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, Peach Parfait, Basic Gray

Designer Series Paper:  Build A Bear Pawsitively Prints

Big Shot Machine and Petal Cone Die

Other Accessories:  Basic Jewel Pearls, Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Neutrals Brads, SNIPS

See you tomorrow with another Super Saturday Tutorial

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online Stampin’ Up Store for these products and more… your orders are always greatly appreciated!

Pin It!

23 comments:

Melinda said...

Oh my goodness! Your card is spectacular! The color combo is awesome. The pearls on the butterflies, the paper piercing... just everything is awesome! Great job!

irishgalkelly said...

Sharon,
If I knew what "save to del.icio.us" was, I'd save it! LOL. This is such a fresh Springy card. I love the color and the butterflies jazzed up with pearls. I did print this out with your new pdf print function and that was nice! I'll case your card for my church circle friends for Easter. Shh, don't tell! Have a super day.

Deb said...

Simply beautiful! I love how you used black to make it all pop!

lisa808 said...

Great colors. The pearls and corner paper piercing look great.

Penny Hanuszak said...

You nailed this sketch completely. I love those little butterflies with their pearl finery! Very nice card!

Ms said...

this is an awesome card... I'm always into the simple yet elegant card... and this fits that category.... Just gorgeous... thanks for sharing your creativity

Shelley said...

Totally awesome!

chris galbraith said...

This is wonderful Thanks for sharing!! I love butterflies.

inkedx2 said...

I love this. You may have wondered about the bright colors but they worked.

Robbie

Jeria said...

I always enjoy following your blog. Your work is awesome.

Tina said...

I love the colors. I don't own this set, but I may just need to get it.

Tammy Fite said...

This is a great card--LOVE the colors!

Kathy said...

Oh my goodness -I want to make this card! It has a lot of WOW and yet fairly simple .

Dotty Jo said...

I'm having one of those 'I wish I'd made this one' moments! Great card Sharon, Jo x

Liz said...

What a sweet card love all the elements

Katrina said...

I love the pearls/bling you used as a body for the butterflies...hugs, Katrina

Danni said...

Awesome card!! Really like this!

Eva said...

Sharon, your card is gorgeous!!! I love that butterfly stamp and the spring colors of this card! Thanks for playing along with us! Hugs...

MariLynn said...

Stunning card. Love those butterflies.

MariLynn said...

So very pretty. Love the pearls on the bodies.

Angie Blom said...

such a stunning card.

marilyn said...

Simply FABULOUS!! Love the different colored butterflies.

Erin Smetak said...

This is gorgeous! I love your layout, and those multi colored butterflies are fabulous!