Friday, March 4, 2011

Natures Walk SFF3311 Sketch Challenge

Aha.. Natures Walk with a little help from the Kind and Caring Thoughts Stamp set too… This week’s Sketch Frenzy Friday Challenge is a fabulous sketch by Design Team member Tina Taves .

When I first looked at the sketch, my thoughts immediately went to buttons as an embellishment.. LOL, but that didn’t happen!

Here’s my very quickly assembled SFF3311 Sketch Challenge Card!

sff33_SharonfCreatedByYou274-983

The butterfly image from Natures Walk Stamp Set was stamped DTP on the Very Vanilla background… and then again on a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock.  Because the first image was stamped DTP, I didn’t have to cut around antennae or legs before popping the butterfly onto the Very Vanilla Card Stock with a Stampin’ Dimensional.

Did something a little different with the bee squares… after stamping them I dragged only two edges of the Very Vanilla Card Stock in a Concord Crush Classic Ink Pad… and then rotated the shaded edge before mounting onto Old Olive Card Stock Squares.

Here’s the sketch this week…

SFF030411

Next stop on the Sketch Frenzy Friday Mini Blog Hop and Tour is Tammy Baldwin’s Blog.. Be sure to give her a high five!

Stamps and Supplies used in today’s SFF3311 Sketch Challenge:

Stamps:  Thank You Kindly, Natures Walk

Classic Ink:  Old Olive, Basic Black, Concord Crush

Card Stock:  Very Vanilla, Old Olive

Accessories:  Rich Razzleberry Satin Ribbon, 2-Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds, Stampin’ Write Markers (Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Basic Gray), Botanical Gazette Designer Series Paper, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Snips, Signo White Gel Pen

Tomorrow you’ll see a whole new Super Saturday Tutorial I’ve been working on this one for a few weeks.  It’s really special, I hope you like it Smile

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online Stampin’ Up Store for these products and more… your orders are always greatly appreciated!

Pin It!

13 comments:

Melinda said...

Oh my goodness! I'm not sure I have the proper words to show how much I love this card! It is awesome!

Tammy Fite said...

WOW--that butterfly is gorgeous!! and I like your bees, too!! Very pretty card!

Deb said...

Pretty card! The colors are awesome!

lisa808 said...

Great images for this layout.

inkedx2 said...

Fabulous! This is so pretty!

Robbie

JERILEE KERR said...

VERY PRETTY. I LOVE YOUR COLOR CHOICES.

irishgalkelly said...

Sharon,
This is a very pretty card! I love your butterfly. I'll have to try to remember to stamp one that way to eliminate cutting around. That is cool! Hey, I have a dumb question for you. What does "DTP" mean? Trying to learn this blog language and not figuring it out! Blessings to you.

Created By You said...

So sorry.. DTP direct to paper, DTS direct to stamp.. My apologies, I should have written it out at least once before using an an acronym! Will try to do better in the future! Big hugs, thanks for following my blog and leaving such sweet comments!
Hugs,
Sharon F.

Katrina said...

very nice....

MariLynn said...

So pretty.

Angie Blom said...

Another Beauty.. stunning.

marilyn said...

love the bees going different directions.

Erin Smetak said...

Cute cute cute! My, you've been a busy little "bee"! ;)

Awesome projects!!!