Monday, March 14, 2011

Life IS Beautiful, French Filigree Fun

Wow… I can’t believe I’ve overlooked the French Filigree Stamp Set for this long.  Believe me, the photo of the French Filigree Large Format Background Stamp doesn’t even begin to do it justice!  I should have known it would be a stunner, it’s a So Shelli Favorite (designated by a heart next to the image on page 142 of the Idea Book & Catalog).

This weekend, I had just a little free time to play around with French Filigree… embossing the images (wet and dry), stamping on Designer Series Paper… hmm, it’s only the beginning!

Here is a Clean and Simple (CAS) 5 minute card I made using the French Filigree Stamp and Style Beautiful Stamp Set.  Taking a risk, I decided to emboss the image onto Neutrals Designer Paper, and then used it for a background for the Style Beautiful stamped images.

1P101048514-8ufpjpoyreoh;vn;

The looped ribbon was created by placing a mini glue dot between each layer… preferably where the layer was being covered a second time by the Marina Mist Satin Ribbon.

Using the 2-3/8” circle punch, it was lined up to capture 7 scallops on the Whisper White Card Stock, and then embossed with the Petals A Plenty Textured Embossing Folder (TEF) using a Big Shot Machine.

The waste from the Basic Jewel Pearls was lined up next to the Marina Mist Ribbon… and I used the pattern in the waste to position and place the large Basic Jewel Pearls… They were already positioned perfectly on the mounting sheet, why not use that pattern?

Here’s a close up of the focal image and pierced/embossed scallop petals placed below and above.

2P1010483per[ofd,mvn;kh

I used the cushion and hard mat (to protect my table surface) and a piercing tool to approximate and pierce the holes in the embossed scalloped piece.  When piercing, the paper tends to collapse into the foam mat a bit… but don’t worry about that, it just ads to the texture and ambiance of the embossed petals.

Stamps and Supplies used in today’s Life IS Beautiful, French Filigree Fun Card Share:

Stamps:  Life Is Beautiful, French Filigree

Ink:  Marina Mist  and Early Espresso Classic Ink, Versamark Ink

Card Stock:  Whisper White, Early Espresso, Marina Mist

Big Shot Machine and Petals a Plenty Textured Embossing Folder

Accessories:  5/8” Marina Mist Satin Ribbon, Mini Glue Dots, 2-3/8” Extra Large Scallop Punch, Neutrals Designer Series Paper Pack, Basic Jewel Pearls, Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool

Hope you enjoyed today’s Clean and Simple (CAS) card share… I’ll have more as I experiment along with this So Shelli Favorite!  In the mean time, I hope you’ll continue to visit and comment on my sharing blog… and I’ve got something really cool tomorrow for the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team too!  Hope to see you then!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online Stampin’ Up Store for these products and more… your orders and comments are always greatly appreciated!

Pin It!

2 comments:

Sally said...

Sharon, this card is beautiful. I love all your work. Thank you so much for sharing with me. You inspire me with your talent. Have a wonderful day

Shelley said...

Maybe simple to you, amazing to me!