Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Las Flores Suaves y Nature Walk UDI 27

Just one of those days…but nothing a little Dazzling Diamonds couldn’t fix!  Today’s Utah Divas International Color Challenge 27:   Basic Gray, Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze, and Always Artichoke.

Flores Suaves… translated from Spanish, is “Soft Flowers” which is kind of funny because the stamp set has only one flower in it.. an elegant long stemmed tulip, but just one!  I love the script, butterfly and bee in the Flores Suaves Stamp Set and use them often in stamped cards, pages, and projects. 

Here’s my card..

UDI27_SharonField

Can you tell that the Always Artichoke Card Stock has been embossed with the Square Lattice Textured Embossing Folder?  It was a little difficult to capture with my camera!

LOL… this is a TRIPLE LOOP BOW… similar to the Double Loop Bow used on my cards… I simply wrapped the Baja Breeze Seam Binding around my fingers an extra round, to get three loops on each before tying the bow on my fingers! 

Here’s a close up photo..

UDI27b_SharonField

Did I tell you I just love this little bee?  I really don’t like bees at all.. but paper ones are just fine!  A little multipurpose adhesive was added to his wings, and the flowers, and then dazzling diamonds really made them sparkle… aren’t they fun?

Here’s today’s inspiration piece for today’s UDI Color Challenge… some pretty blue towels with flowers embroidered on them…

UDI27

Have you ever owned embroidered towels?  I usually avoid them like the plague.. I guess I had a really bad set years ago, and after washing and drying them the embroidery got all scrunchy and scratchy.

Stamps and Supplies used in today’s Las Flores Suaves y Nature Walk UDI 27 Color Challenge:

Stamps:  Nature Walk, Flores Suaves

Card Stock:  Baja Breeze, Always Artichoke, Basic Gray, Very Vanilla

Classic Ink:  Basic Gray

Accessories:  Stampin’ Write Markers, Big Shot Machine, Square Lattice Textured Embossing folder, dazzling diamonds, multipurpose liquid adhesive, baja breeze seam binding

Technique:  Triple Loop Bow (aka double loop bow with an extra round of ribbon)

Tomorrow… will be a better day, right… so many things just went wrong today.. yikes!  For instance, I’m not an ice cream eater… but every now and then I just want a spoonful of ice cream, so I usually keep a small container of Butter Pecan Ice Cream in the freezer… well hidden behind vegetables and other healthy stuff.  My DH and DD eat it almost every day, but they eat all sorts of ice creams, so I keep my own private stash…

So, today I thought I’d have my monthly spoonful today.. and went to the freezer to find my little stash, half container of butter pecan… and it’s GONE!!  DD doesn’t eat butter pecan.. so I know who the culprit is… well, crum!  So… I thought, I’ll just have one of those Thin Mint  Girl Scout Cookies DH brought home last week… GONE!!    I guess you see where this is going… LOL.. better find a better hiding place!!

Hope you’ll play along with the UDI color challenge group this week.. it’s really simple and easy to play, just upload your color challenge creation to your blog or online gallery (it can be a 3d item, a card, a scrap page, or whatever you’d like)… and then visit the Utah Divas International Blog to upload and link your creation!

See you tomorrow  with a fun Diva Coffee Break Designs Team Challenge!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online Stampin’ Up Store for these products and more… your orders are always greatly appreciated!

Pin It!

7 comments:

Patrice H said...

Just Lovely! Rich and Elegant looking CAS too!

Shelley said...

Oh you had me laughing so hard I forgot what the card looked like and had to back up to view it again, lol. Same thing at my place, I ration my special treat foods and then someone steals it just when I'm craving it! Only difference is, I *DO* raise quite a ruckus about it. Does me no good, lol. Ooops, forgot again that I wanted to say the card is beautiful!

irishgalkelly said...

Sharon,
This is gorgeous! I love these colors together (can't say I would have used them together). Love the sparkle and the triple bow. Geez, I haven't mastered the double bow yet and now I've got another one to try. LOL! Thanks for the inspiration today. Hope you find some Thin Mints while out shopping...just for you. : )

Dee in N.H. said...

Too funny! Sounds like my house...Ain't nothing safe when the grandkids are here! LOL!
Love your card! Very pretty, and the bee is spectacular with the dazzling diamonds!

Stacie Ford said...

Beautiful Card! Thanks for sharing. Following you from SC. Stop by my blog sometime! http://www.stampingwithstacie.blogspot.com
Stacie

inkedx2 said...

Love this Sharon! I love your bee. Sorry about your hiding places all being found.

Robbie

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Gorgeous project Sharon. Love the color choices, the bow and the glitter. Everything a girl loves and pearls too! And yet with the color selection I bet even a guy would enjoy this one.
Wishing I could share Florida's warm breezes this time of year as its just a wee bit cold here in Oregon.