Thursday, March 3, 2011

Herb Expressions Stamp Set… CS22 Sketch

And a big OOPS!!!  I guess I’ll have to explain!  When I view upcoming sketch challenges for design teams, I often quickly sketch them on a pad… and subsequently refer to that sketch as I create the cards for the challenge.  This week, I failed… yikes!! I forgot one element of the sketch, but it appears I’m not alone LOL! 

This card came together rather quickly… (If you leave out one of the major design elements, that can happen, right?)  Immediately, the design implied long words… so I grabbed the Herb Expressions Stamp Set, then decided to gussie it up a bit, and added the lavender flowers in the lower left corner.  It looked a little lonely or forlorn.

CS33_sharonField

So… a little Snail was applied along the right edge of the focal image, and then Champagne Glass Glitter pressed and sanded into the edge of the cardstock… (Full glass glitter application tutorial HERE)… and then topped it off with just a smidgen of dazzling diamonds.

The background…. After first grabbing Marina Mist Card Stock, I changed my mind and opted instead for Concord Crush card stock… it just made the focal image pop.  Sometimes you’ve just got to trust your own instincts and color sense Smile  LOL… I wish I could do that with interior decorating!!

Botanical Gazette honeycomb pattern called to me at that point… and it was added to the focal image… and then I needed a foundation.  Backing into the card, as I often do.. Early Espresso Cardstock joined the line-up.

At this point there was no adhesive…. that came later, after adding ribbon.  At one point brads were considered for an accent… but diffused lighting provided by Vellum Card Stock won accolades and was introduced with a mini library clip. 

The Vellum is secured in two places… first with the library clip, and secondly with a mini glue dot hidden by the taffeta ribbon…. just enough, but invisible at the same time, it’s a great technique or approach for vellum and custom invitations as well.

Remember that this post began with a big OOPS!!  Well.. here is the original sketch from the Creative Sketches Design Team.  When I first viewed this creative sketch by list mom Connie, I LOVED it… again, in translation I lost one of the elements (and I’m not alone LOL)…  Here’s the sketch..

cs22_March3

See what I mean?  But not everyone is as absent mindedly creative like me… some people actually followed the sketch… be sure to check out the design team submissions at the Creative Sketches Blog… AND I hope you’ll play along with us this week too!

Stamps and Supplies used in today’s Creative Sketches Herb Expressions Card Share

  • Stamps:  Herb  Expressions
  • Card Stock:  Very Vanilla, Concord Crush, Early Espresso, Vellum
  • Classic Ink:  Old Olive
  • Designer Series Paper:  Botanical Gardens
  • Big Shot Machine and Square Lattice Textured Embossing folder
  • Accessories:  Mini Library Clips, Taffeta ribbon, stampin’ write markers, mini glue dots

We have a new member this week, Debbie Gauthier… (she followed the sketch).. be sure to leave her a sweet comment Smile

I’ve been working steadily on a stamp room renovation, stand by and I’ll be sharing the photos soon Smile 

See you tomorrow with a great Sketch Frenzy Friday Design Team Sketch…

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

2 comments:

Monica said...

Stunnning card... so soft and gentle. Touching sentiment to go with it as well.
xxx Monica

Patrice H said...

Stunning was the first word that came to my mind also. This card is just that, Stunning! Lots of Hot Tips to use on this one Thanks for the beautiful card Sharon!