Sunday, March 13, 2011

Friends 24/7 Softly, Cut and Popped

The floral image from the Friends 24/7, really pops on this card highlighted with Paper Daisies and Champagne Shimmer Paint!  

This card was another of my “happy mistakes” LOL… I got so carried away having fun stamping and creating the focal image that I completely forgot I was supposed to be doing a color challenge for the Utah Divas International Design Team!!   The final card colors were all wrong… so I had to make another card for the challenge!… way to get lost in your stamp room, huh?

Before I forget… blog candy…. I have not forgotten… Last week’s blog candy stamp room clean up will be awarded later this afternoon.  I wanted to make sure to get this post ready before the close of the blog candy drawing… so it will have to be a separate post!

In the mean time, here is my Friends 24/7 Card… and I’m going to share how it was created too!

UDI28b_SharonField (2)

The background was stamped with Bashful Blue Classic Ink using the En Francais Large Format Background Stamp, and then I used a sponge dauber and large swirling motions to sponge on bashful blue ink all around the edges .

The focal image (stemmed flower) from the Friends 24/7 Stamp Set was stamped onto Whisper White Card Stock, and then colored with an Aqua Painter, Old Olive Classic Ink, and an Old Olive Stampin’ Write Marker.

Using the hard mat from my Mat Pack, and a Hobby Blade, I cut around each of the leaves, and then slipped a tiny piece of stampin’ dimensional beneath each leaf.  This would be a great Techniques Tuesday class… lots of Wow factor..

UDI28b2_SharonField

The tiny Paper Daisies were colored using a sponge dauber and Regal Rose Classic Ink.  Once Dry, I added more color and a bit of shimmer with a sponge dauber and Champagne Shimmer Paint.

After the Paper Daisies dried, I cut and folded them to approximate the size of the flowers in the stamped image, and then attached them to my card base with Multipurpose Adhesive.  Using the tip of my finger, I fluffed the blooms… and then added a little piece of stampin’ dimensional between the layers of the three largest blooms.

The mats for the focal image were cut in 1/8” increments from Pretty In Pink and Regal Rose Card Stock… Of course, my finished card didn’t use all the challenge colors… I got so wrapped up in making it that I totally forgot about the challenge!!

Too funny, I guess our team leader Gretchen Barron was a bit confused and surprised when I sent her my card for the upcoming challenge… luckily I work so far in advance that it wasn’t a big deal and I was able to re-do the challenge and get it to her well in advance of the cut off date!

Stamps and Supplies used in today’s Friends 24/7 Softly, Cut and Popped Technique Card:

Stamps:  Friends 24/7, En Francais

Classic Ink:  Old Olive, Bashful Blue, Regal Rose

Card Stock: Pretty In Pink, Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Regal Rose

Accessories:  Mat pack, Hobby Blade, Stampin’ Dimensionals, SNIPS, Multipurpose Adhesive, Champagne Shimmer Paint, Old Olive and Pretty in Pink Taffeta Ribbon, Mini Glue Dots, Stampin Write Markers, Sponge Daubers, Scallop Square Punch

Gosh, I have been watching the news and viewing all the destruction from the Earthquake in Japan, world wide tremors and tsunami’s… and am so thankful that my DD is home from her travels abroad…  China, Thailand… and all the other places she went!   In the wake of such destruction, having to re-do a color challenge is so trivial!

As a teen living (briefly) in Pacific Grove, California, I recall the sense of panic and being evacuated in the middle of the night because of a Tsunami threat.  Relocating from Michigan, this earthquake and Tsunami thing was quite overwhelming!  Thankfully, it never came ashore.  Viewing all the photos as an adult… I can take deep breaths, and say a silent prayer or two or three… If you’re in that path, or have loved ones in that path… my prayers are for you!

Tomorrow I’ll share a correct Utah Divas International Color Challenge… LOL… not the one I messed up though.. that’s a few more weeks out!

Hugs!

Sharon

Shop my online Stampin’ Up Store for these products and more… your orders are always greatly appreciated!

Pin It!

7 comments:

Andrea said...

I love the details that you put into the focal image on this card! It is absolutely gorgeous.

Dee in N.H. said...

That is sooo pretty! I love the way you made that focal image just pop right off the page! Amazing!

Carey said...

How gorgeous!! I love everything you have on your blog and really look forward to Saturdays. You used to live in PG? I have been there many times since my sister has lived there since 1980. I love the place. Thanks for the inspiration.

Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy

Patrice H said...

Oh My Goodness beautiful. This card is another one of your amazing creations!!!!!I can not believe all the detail that went into making this beauty!

Helen said...

so pretty! love the pop up flowers.

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Love the layering with the fussy cutting.. Really adds dimension. My stampers HATE when I make them do this!!! But it adds SO MUCH to a card!!

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

What a gorgeous OOPs! So glad you got lost in your stamp room and thoughtful enough to share the details so we can join you. All those finicky details definitely added up to one beautiful whole and reflects the serenity the Japanese people are surely in need of right now. Perhaps you were creating a prayer in paper for them unbeknownst to yourself? So glad your daughter is out of the danger zones so you won't worry. And joining you in prayer for those affected. Hard to imagine the realities there though I've been chatting online with SU Demo's stationed there in the military. Amazing too that there is better info online than in the news!