Wednesday, March 30, 2011

DCBD 221 Cute, Curly, Butterfly and Bliss

Here we are at the end of the month, and just one day left for Sale-A-Bration!  I hope you’ve earned your free BLISS Stamp set because it’s going away tomorrow!

Today’s Diva Coffee Break Designs Team Challenge kind of threw me a curve… The inspiration sketch has a great big Heart on it!  Of course, there is no reason you can’t make a card with a heart on it all year long… but I just got stuck on that heart and Valentines’ Day for awhile!

Then, a little creative opportunity came my way via a butterfly.  Inspired by the tiny butterfly in the Bliss Sale-a-Bration Stamp set, I decided to substitute a die cut and embossed butterfly… so here’s my card for today’s DCBD 221 Sketch Challenge!DCBD221_SharonField

Who says you can’t put Very Vanilla and Whisper White together LOL?  Usually I color paper daisies with a sponge dauber and Champagne Shimmer Paint, or spray them with Shimmer Mist so they kind of match the Very Vanilla tones in my cards and projects…

But, today I decided to embrace the differences, LOL.  using a variety of tones of beiges found in the crumb cake and very vanilla seam binding, designer series paper, chantilly lace crochet trim, and vanilla rosettes.

After cutting the butterfly die cut with my big shot machine, I also embossed it with my often neglected Elegant Lines Textured Embossing Folder.  The raised edges were embossed with Crumb Cake Classic Ink, and tiny Paper Daisies and Basic Jewel Pearls were added to the embossed surface.

Hope you like today’s DCBD 221 Challenge Card… here’s the original Sketch for the challenge, I’d love to see what you come up with!

dcbd_221_001

Stamps and supplies used in today’s DCBD 221 Cute, Curly, Butterfly and Bliss Design Team Challenge Card:

Stamps:  Cute and Curly, Bliss

Card Stock:  Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Rich Razzleberry

Classic Inks:  Crumb Cake

Big Shot Machine, Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die, and Elegant Lines Textured Embossing Folder (TEF)

Accessories:  Very Vanilla and Crumb Cake Seam Binding, Open Scallop Border and Modern Label Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Chantilly Lace Crochet Trim, Mini Glue Dots, Springtime Vintage Designer Series Paper (DSP), Vanilla Rosettes, Paper Daisies, Basic Jewel Pearls

I look forward to viewing your creations on the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team Blog, and hope to see you back here tomorrow for another Creative Sketches Design Team challenge!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online Stampin’ Up Store for these products and more… your orders and comments are always greatly appreciated!

Pin It!

4 comments:

irishgalkelly said...

Pretty! Love that butterfly!

Teri said...

The card is BEAUTIFUL! I love your site. It's unique in that you always post what you use and tell us how you did it. I am happy that there is someone that will share tutorials with everyone. How fun is that???

Charlotte said...

What a pretty card! The very vanilla and whisper white really look wonderful together. I really like the way you embossed the butterfly and then highlighted the embossing with ink. And, the ribbon, lace, and all the pearls give your card such a delicate, feminine look. [Not to mention the double punched "border," which gives that extra look of lace.] Thank you for sharing with us. You provide us with so much inspiration.

Ret said...

Oh Sharon, this is one beautiful card!!! I love absolutely everything about it. I have learned so much from you, and I want you to know, I'm stamping Kraft images onto water color paper! woohooooooooooo
hugs!