Wednesday, March 16, 2011

DCBD 219 A Collage Canvas

As soon as I saw this week’s Diva Coffee Break Designs Team Challenge Layout DCBD 219, I knew exactly what I wanted to create!

So.. this sketch based 8 x 10 collage canvas rolled around in my brain for about two weeks before it came to life…  with scraps of designer series paper, on board chip board, pearls, punches, and stamps… I hope you like it!

DCBD219_SharonField

During the assembly process, I decided that the mini canvases needed to have more layers and levels too… so I popped them at varying heights.

DCBD219B_SharonField

Flower Leaves were punched with the Blossom Petal Punch from the Occasions Mini Catalog.  I love using the largest punch for leaves!  After embossing them with the Big Shot Machine and  Square Lattice Textured Embossing Folder, the card stock was softer and more pliable, enabling me to fold and shape the leaves more realistically.  A few drops of Crystal Effects on the leaves gave them a natural glow.

DCBD219C_sharonfield

Love making button layered brads!  Pull apart the prongs or legs of the brad with pliers, flatten the prong to get the bend out of the legs and then slip them through the button holes.  You can use four holed or two holed buttons if your brad is large enough, it covers all the holes anyway.  In this sample, I chose the white accented antique brad to mimic other colors in the canvas.

If you look closely at the musical block stamped with ‘Bliss’  you will see that the color ran a bit… that’s because I sprayed it with Champagne Shimmer Mist  after stamping it (I should have sprayed it first.. LOL).  All the blocks were sprayed with the Shimmer mist, and Paper Daisies were also painted with Champagne Shimmer Paint using a Sponge Dauber.

A word of caution re:  sponge dauber, wet ink, and paper daisies.. they can tear very easily when wet.  It’s important to be very gentle when applying color (voice of experience).

Here’s the layout for the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team Challenge… I hope you’ll grab your favorite stamps, card stock and tools and join us this week!

dcbd_219

There’s quite an intense list of supplies used in this canvas… paper daisies, brads, punches, cardstock, designer series paper…so I’m going to spare you the complete supply list. 

The Collage Canvas will be offered as a class in April.  If you’d like to take this class, please Contact Me for more information.  Class fee must be pre-paid so that I can order kit supplies, and of course assemble them.  Seating will be limited to 10.  Register early, and of course demonstrators are always welcome too!   The class will be offered at a later date as a kit by mail too.. so stay tuned!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online Stampin’ Up Store for these products and more… your orders are always greatly appreciated!

 

 

 

 

Pin It!

14 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

That is gorgeous! I love all there is to see with the different textures and layers! Wish I was close enough to come to your class!

Denise said...

Sharon, I love your inchies on canvas piece. What a wonderful piece of art! Now I want to get out my stamping stuff and play...

I also love the banner on your blog. Can you tell me how you made it? I have a blog, but can't figure out how to make a banner.
:{

Thanks for sharing your talent, Sharon.

Blessings, denise :D
http://tomorrowstreasurestoday.blogspot.com/

Lorraine Castellon-Rowe said...

WOW Sharon!!! This is absolutely beautiful!! I love how you did the leaves, great tip. I also love that you used all the shimmer mist, I'm sure it lood even better in real life. All the texture really makes the whole project pop. I just love this. Thanks for sharing!!!

Shiozaki Beach girls said...

Sharon, I love this! This sort of project has been in the back of my mind too!!! :) what a great job you did on it!

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Gorgeous Sharon... another beautiful project!!

irishgalkelly said...

I think you outdid yourself on this project Sharon! It would look lovely as a wall hanging. I like how all the squares are tied in with the others in some way. So many pretty details!

Rose said...

A beautiful piece of art work.

Beth Norman said...

Wowza. What a stunning piece of art. You are so talented. This really pops.

craftystamper said...

WOW!!! That is some work of art girl. You outdid yourself. I love it. This one needs to be framed.

Stephanie said...

An amazing card full of fun and beautiful eye candy! TFS!

Kathy said...

Sharon ,
I not only want this I NEED this!
I have a blank wall at work that this would work perfectly --Before I read to the end of your post -I was already going to ask if I could purchase --I live in PA so will not be attending your class _although it is very tempting! I will want to take the long distance class my email is sharingink@gmail.com Thanks Kathy T

Rose said...

Stunning, Sharon! Love it! :)

StinkerbellSteph said...

Stunning!!! What pretty accents and great color composition!

terry murphy said...

I love using the largest punch for leaves! After embossing them with the Big Shot Machine and Square Lattice Textured Embossing Folder, the card stock was softer and more pliable, enabling me to fold and shape the leaves more realistically.