Wednesday, March 9, 2011

DCBD 218 Color Challenge… 2 Cards!

I don’t know why I struggled with this color challenge.. but I did!  The first card I made was really quite yucky… I even tried walking away from it for a couple days to see if it got better LOL.. but it did not, so back to the drawing board I went.

Yup… and of course I waited until practically the last minute to do it!  My DH always says I work extremely well under pressure and in emergencies… I guess it’s because I don’t have time to over think my plan and stuff.. just act/re-act in accordance with the situation!

Here’s my re-do card for today’s Diva Coffee Break Designs DCBD 218 Color Challenge… still not happy with it, I’m just color challenged today LOL… can’t wait to see what the rest of the design team comes up with!

DCBD218a_SharonField

I did have a lot of fun putting the tiny Basic Jewel Pearls on each white polka dot on the tiny teacup stamp image… OK, does this bring up visions of a ladies white glove tea party? 

And of course, I don’t want to leave you in suspense.. here’s the original card.. yuck.. must have been stamping tired that day!

DCBD218_SharonField

The colors for today’s DCBD 218 Color Challenge were So Saffron, Baja Breeze and Regal Rose… glad I went back to the drawing board LOL!

DCBD_218-001

Hope you’ll play along with the Divas this week… don’t think about it, LOL just do it!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online Stampin’ Up Store for these products and more… your orders are always greatly appreciated!

Pin It!

11 comments:

TIONYA B said...

You are too hard on yourself! I absolutely love the second card!!
Thanks for sharing your great works of art with us!
Tionya B.

lisa808 said...

Oh Sharon, they are both lovely cards. I do especially like the ruffled crochet trim and pearls on the tea cup card.

lisa808 said...

Oh Sharon, they are both lovely cards. I do especially like the ruffled crochet trim and pearls on the tea cup card.

lisa808 said...

Oh Sharon, they are both lovely cards. I do especially like the ruffled crochet trim and pearls on the tea cup card.

Anonymous said...

I like the card with the butterfly the best! I guess there is no accounting for taste LOL!Have a great day!
CandyCC

Penny Hanuszak said...

Both cards are gorgeous Sharon, and if truth be know I actually like the first card more. I love the ribbon and the color combo really works. I also like the teacup card and the pearls are soooooooooo much work, but a beautiful vintage touch. You did it again girl!

Brittani Nguyen said...

Beautiful cards! Keep up the great work, TFS!

inkedx2 said...

I don't think the second card is that bad. I like it.

Robbie

Patrice H said...

These cards are so darn cute! I really like both of them! I really enjoyed this challenge.

Shelley said...

I think the first card is just as cute as a button! And the second card? Are you kidding??? It's great too.

Dee in N.H. said...

I love them both! You were too hard on yourself! LOL!