Thursday, March 24, 2011

CS25– Pretty in Pink Baby Girl Card

The Creative Sketches Design Team Challenge this week was to create a sketch based Holiday card… I chose to make a soft and pretty baby girl card from Pretty In Pink and Whisper White Card Stock. 

With a French Filigree Background,Basic Pearl Jewels, Paper Daisies and a Double Loop Bow, I think it turned out kind of cute… hope you like it!  Here’s my CS25 Sketch Based Card!

CS25_SharonField

The bunny in a flower pot image is from the Nicest Things Stamp Set… I replaced the word ‘carrot’ which was on the printed image with the word “baby” from the Stamp Set.  Pearls, girls… they go together, so the bunny wears a Basic Pearl necklace, and a little blush on her cheeks, with a pretty pink nose Smile

CS25_SharonFieldthebunny

I had a lot of fun making this card… adding texture with the big shot machine and square lattice textured embossing folder.  The flower layers and the bunny are all popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals.

Here’s the sketch for the Creative Sketches Design Team this week, hope you’ll play along:

CS25H1

Stamps and supplies used in today’s Pretty in Pink Baby Girl Card:

Stamps:  The Nicest Things, French Filigree

Card Stock:  Whisper White, Pretty in Pink

Classic Ink:  Early Espresso, Pretty In Pink

Big Shot Machine and Square Lattice Textured Embossing Folder

Accessories:  Pretty In Pink 5/8” Satin Ribbon, Basic Jewel Pearls, Paper Daisies, Stampin Write Markers, Stampin’ Dimensionals

For those who have asked, my adopted down-line Chastity had a very healthy baby girl!  Everything went well, and I’m still working on her wishes and prayers album, but it’s almost finished.. I’ll be sharing a tutorial for the special album in a few weeks… of course, I want Chastity to be able to see it first!

Are you playing along for this week’s Blog Candy?  There’s only three days left, and four prizes up for grabs… check last week end’s Super Saturday Tutorial for details!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online Stampin’ Up Store for these products and more… your orders and comments are always greatly appreciated!

Pin It!

15 comments:

Pat S said...

Adorable!! I might have to CASe this one, Too...Never would have thought to use the bunny!

Teri said...

This just made me say a very loud and long "AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW" at work! Wonder what people are thinking! :)

Charlotte said...

Adorable! Absolutely LOVE everything about it - but, that bunny is so sweet. And, I really love the way you placed the pearls along the center of the ribbon.

lisa808 said...

Darling card!

Dee in N.H. said...

That is sooooo pretty! I especially love that you used that adorable little bunny!

Sheri - confessed craftaholic said...

So cute! Following you through SC. I'm #380. Happy Stamping!
cardsandmorebysheri.blogspot.com

Kathy Mc said...

How clever you are, Sharon! This card is adorable with the bunny peaking out of the flower pot.

irishgalkelly said...

Beautiful card! Love the French Filagree as the background. I don't think I would have thought about that stamp for a baby card and it is precious. Awesome to see the versatility of stamps! Love all those pearls too.

Linda H said...

Very precious!

Beverly's Stamping Beehive said...

Oh I am sooo glad to see this as I just ordered that stamp set, should be here Monday and now I can't wait after seeing your very pretty card!

Shar W said...

Such a pretty card! Thanks for sharing...

Carey said...

How darling!! Thanks for the inspiration.

Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy

Brittani Nguyen said...

Adorable baby card, I always have the hardest time creating those!

Celeste said...

such a pretty card.,
Thank you so much joining us for Link UP for Pink...
Celeste
www.touchedbyabutterfly.com

GabyCreates.com said...

Lovely Sharon!
So glad you were able to share with us over at LUFP! ~Gaby
www.gabycreates.com