Thursday, March 10, 2011

CS23C Artistic Inspirations Collage Card

Seems to be a lot of buzz about Baja Breeze Card Stock this week LOL!  This weeks’ Creative Sketches Design Team features Baja Breeze, Basic Gray, Old Olive, and Bashful Blue.

Today’s card was inspired by a Take Ten Winter 2011 sample created by Paula Whittaker of Norfolk, UK.  My sample, has a lot more layers, different colors (of course) and features all Stampin’ Up! stamps and supplies.

CS23C_SharonField

When I first stamped the focal image medallion and Eiffel Tower, I also added the Amour direct to paper (DTP)… and it was so FLAT!!  Yuck.. so I stamped the greeting again, and punched it out with the modern label punch and popped it up on the card.

I love using the big shot machine to add texture and die cut elements to card.  Here I’ve used the Square Lattice and Elegant Bouquet Textured Embossing Folders, along with Top Note and Blossom Party Dies.    I chose the Elegant Bouquet Textured Embossing Folder because it reminded me of spring time… flowers, springtime in Paris.. get it?

The little leaves on my layered flower die cut were cut from the 2 step bird and branch punch, and then embossed with the Square Lattice Textured Embossing Folder and highlighted with an Old Olive Classic Ink Pad using a sponge dauber… really adds a lot of depth to the leaves!CS23CB_SharonField

The Very Vanilla card stock flower center was punched using the itty bitty punch pack… and although the flower was quite pretty on it’s own, it still screamed for help, so I added a Chantilly Lace Trim bow just below the bloom with a couple mini glue dots.

Inspired?  I hope so.. and I hope you’ll play along with the Creative Sketches Design Team this week too!  Here’s the challenge inspiration piece and color palette:

CS23C-0310

Stamps and supplies used in today’s CS23C Artistic Inspiration Collage Card:

Stamps:  Artistic Inspirations

Card Stock:  Old Olive, Baja Breeze, Basic Bray, Very Vanilla

Classic Ink:  Old Olive, Bashful Blue, Basic Gray, Baja Breeze

Big Shot Machine and Supplies:  Square Lattice and Elegant Bouquet Textured Embossing Folders, along with Top Note and Blossom Party Dies

Punches:  Itty Bitty Punch Pack, 2-Step Bird and Branch

Other Accessories:  Basic Jewel Pearls, Chantilly Lace Crochet Trim, Mini Library Clips, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Sponge Daubers, Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Neutral Brads, First Edition Designer Series Paper

Hope you’ll stop by tomorrow for the next edition of Sketch Frenzy Friday… we’ve got a fun sketch from design team member Angela Waters!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online Stampin’ Up Store for these products and more… your orders are always greatly appreciated!

Pin It!

7 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love all of your beautiful creations! I showed my new OWOH book and gave a link to your blog this morning! Hope you can stop by! Hugs! ♥

Anonymous said...

You inspire me! I believe I will have to start playing along! Keep the juices flowong thank you!
Hugs,
CandyCC

Monica said...

Beautiful card... love every detail about it... vintage cards always look great.

xxx Monica

Stephanie said...

Oh yes, I am very inspired by your card!! Love all the use of textures but in supporting roles, not as the main event. And your way of popping up the sentiment was fabulous - I often feel the same way - it can seem so..flat stamped on the same surface as the focal point. Your solution was perfect for this card. Thanks for the great ideas and sharing your beautiful card!

Shelley said...

Love all the different textures on this one, it's beautiful!

Kathy said...

I love these colors ! You have such different ideas and that keeps me coming back and checking everyday

Paula said...

Feel vert flattered that you were inspired by one of my cards - wonderful creation,lot better than my orginal design!