Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Classic Piano Music Yellow Rose DCBD 217

I LOVE this card… and sketch, hope you do too!  Featuring Classic Black and Vanilla colors, a little Classic Piano Sheet Music, and a Yellow Rose.. what’s not to love?

LOL this card reminds me of a tuxedo wearing flamenco dancer!  The Square Lattice Textured Embossing Folder was used on the background Basic Black Card Stock, lending a masculine feel.

The Happiness Shared single rose impression was stamped in basic black and then colored with So Saffron and Old Olive Stampin’ Write Markers.  A light coat of Champagne Shimmer Paint was added to the flower for an additional texture/depth.

This week’s Diva Coffee Break Designs Team Challenge is sketch based, and I had a LOT of fun with it… hope you’ll play along with too!  Bet you’re ready to see the card!

DCBD217_SharonField

Lots going on here… can you see the texture in the background?  It was a bit difficult to capture on film.  Can you hear the piano music, or Flamenco guitarist?  Here’s a close up of the focal image;

DCBD217b_SharonField

The tiny dots along the piano music or sheet music and around the scalloped oval were added with a Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker.  I didn’t worry too much about getting them perfectly even or aligned, I think it adds a handwritten feel to the musical DSP background.

After considering adding Basic Jewel Pearls to the card, I decided less is more… besides, even though the flower bears the image of a yellow rose, it is still a very masculine card.  Pearls would have pushed it over the edge to femininity!

No waste here, I used a wide oval punch to remove part of the Basic Black Card Stock background before embossing with my big shot machine and square lattice textured embossing folder.  The punch piece was added behind the scalloped oval, and off set when re-mounted to the card with stampin’ dimensionals.

Did I tell you I really like this card?  SO much, that this will be one of the projects for the 1st Wednesday Card Club in March!  Maybe I’ll have piano music playing in the background too!

Here’s the inspiration and sketch for this weeks’ Diva Coffee Break Designs Team Challenge:

dcbd_217

I hope you’ll come play along…. a winner is chosen each week from all the submissions, and featured in a separate blog post on the Design Team Blog! 

Stamps and Supplies used in today’s Classic Piano Music Yellow Rose DCBD217 Card:

Stamps:  Happiness Shared

Card Stock:  Basic Black, Very Vanilla

Designer Series Paper:  Love Letters, Newsprint

Big Shot Machine and Square Lattice Textured Embossing Folder

Accessories:  Basic Black, Old Olive, and So Saffron Stampin’ Write Markers; Stampin’ Dimensionals, wide oval and scallop oval punches

I look forward to seeing your creations, and reading your comments!
Hugs,

Sharon

Please visit my Online Stampin Up Store to order these and other exclusive Stampin’  Up! Products!

Pin It!

12 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

I love the Love Letter and music from Newsprint matchup!

nana_cindy42 said...

This card is beautiful, Sharon! I love the stamp set, too!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Sharon beautiful card and I loved reading about it! So many great little details!!!

Myrna said...

Sharon
This is really gorgeous. Love the detail.
Myrna

Yapha said...

That is so pretty! I love the touch of yellow on the card!

Tanya Boser said...

Such an elegant card... love it!!

inkedx2 said...

Sharon ~ love your card. It is a great color combo. Love your description of the card. It is perfect!

Robbie

Adriana Benitez said...

Beautiful! So elegant and perfect for the music ;)

Shelley said...

What a beautiful card! Do you need my address so you can send it to me? :)

Patrice H said...

Hi Sharon, this card is exquisite. So elegant and clean, just lovely! It is definitely a WOW card in my book!!!!!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Beautiful and elegant!

lynn1946 said...

Just romantic as a guy could want a card from a gal to
be! Sophisticated card ? You bet.