Monday, March 21, 2011

Allegro Grandioso, Newsprint Embossed

This is a weekend for embossing technique experimentation!  Similar to the cards posted in the Super Saturday Tutorial, and yesterday’s card… this card also features embossed Brushed Gold Card Stock.

I love the sheet music from the Newsprint Designer Series Papers (DSP)… and use it often in my cards and projects.  I’d love to have a whole pad of this stuff LOL.. maybe I should tear up my old guitar music books, since I no longer play!

Experimenting with distressed inks and the SU! Distressing Kit, the Brushed Gold Card Stock along the side/background of today’s card share was embossed first using a big shot machine and finial press textured embossing folder.  After hitting it with the sanding block included in the distressing kit, the high points were enhanced with Mahogany Distressing Ink.

P1010557embossingSharonFieldCBYU

The Mahogany Distressing Ink enhanced and darkened the Brushed Gold Card Stock wonderfully… I really like the results, and can already visualize using it on Christmas and Fall themed projects and cards!

The next visible layer is also brushed gold card stock… embossed first with versamark and Black Embossing Powder, and then along the bottom embossed with Versamark Ink and Gold Embossing Powder.  A sanding block was used to ‘rough up’ the high spots which just dulled them slightly, making them look like old metal or brass.

My black rhinestones are a carry-over from the holiday mini catalog… if you don’t happen to have black rhinestones and want to re-create this card, a permanent marker may be used to color Basic Jewel Rhinestones Black… or any color you would like!

Stamps and Supplies used in todays’ Allegro Grandioso, Newsprint Embossed Card:

Stamps:  NONE

Big Shot Machine and Finial Press Textured Embossing Folder

Card Stock:  Very Vanilla, Brushed Gold, Basic Black

Accessories:  Newsprint Designer Series Paper, Basic Jewel Rhinestones, Basic Black 5/8” Satin Ribbon, Vanilla Rosettes, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

Feeling a little under the weather… again… I hope you’ll stop back by tomorrow for the Utah Divas International Design Team Challenge…

Big Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

7 comments:

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Very Cool technique Sharon! And a fab card!

The music sheet from Newsprint is my fav too. That paper convinced me to buy the Music Notes Wheel though I've yet to make that look quite as good as the pre printed stuff. Guitar tablature would also look pretty cool so go for it if you never plan to play again. I lucked out and scored a bunch of freebie music sheets when the thrift store decided to stop carrying piano music. Now I just have to distress it to get it looking hip for card making.

Nice to see you broke out the mahagonay distressing ink from the kit. Love that stuff though I wish we had refills for it.

Hugs and thanks for sharing the inspiring experiments. This blog is aces in my book!

irishgalkelly said...

Love your card today. It has a slight manly feel to it even with the dainty rose, which I love. Would make an awesome card for a music teacher or music lover!

lisa808 said...

Great look with the distressed gold card stock.

thestampinglady said...

Thanks for sharing another wonderful technique. The distressed ink really makes the card pop along with the gold cardstock.

Charlotte said...

Love the way you distressed the brushed gold card stock! Gives it a totally different look altogether! And, I love the sheet music. My son-in-law is a musician, and I'm always on the look out for old sheet music that I can use on his cards.

Carey said...

Looks great, very simple and elegant. My kind of card indeed.

Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy

Brittani Nguyen said...

Very cute card, love the music notes!