Tuesday, February 1, 2011

UDI Color Challenge: A WHOLE LOT of Color!

When I first viewed the colors of today’s Utah Divas International Color Challenge, I thought I might have to break out my brayer… but then an idea popped in my head, and the rest is history Smile

It’s kind of funny when I see so many colors in a challenge, I’m initially quite stumped.  It’s one thing to grab paper and begin creating something, adding colors and layers as I go along… but to start off with a specific group of colors, and a WHOLE LOT of Colors at that… that’s a challenge!

Here’s the color challenge for today’s UDI design team:

udi_21

Can you believe it? FIVE colors… and then I went and added Whisper White as my neutral… so today’s UDI 21 Color Challenge actually sports 6 different colors!

Here’s my card:

UDI21_SharonField

Can you believe I sat there and punched out all those tiny little circles with the circle from the itty bitty punch pack?  After placing them on an adhesive sheet, I sprinkled them with Dazzling Diamonds… and then added a few random rhinestones for just a little more bling.

I REALLY wanted to color the candle flames with a Daffodil Delight Stampin Write marker… but that color wasn’t part of the challenge Smile

I know you’re going to ask… so I’ll have to tell you up front.  The star above the sentiment “bring on the cake” is hand drawn… not a stamp, just drawn with a stampin’ write marker.  I had to enlarge it a few times until I got it the right size to hold one tiny rhinestone.

The Take a Spin Stamp image was markered direct to the stamp, and then after a huff of warm air, stamped onto Whisper White Card Stock.

The game spinner hands are really fun to use on cards too.  Here’s a little tip:  if you don’t want the spinner to spin, just leave out the little washer that is included in the box… attaching the spinner tightly with the included brad will secure it just where you want it to stay.

In this card, I used the washer because each and every greeting was applicable to the card… it’s all birthday, and it’s all fun!  But it’s really just up to you!

Stamps and Supplies used in todays’ UDI 21 Color Challenge:

  • Stamps:  Take a Spin, Bring on the Cake
  • Card Stock:  Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, Certainly Celery, Regal Rose, Bashful Blue, Whisper White
  • Classic Ink:  Tempting Turquoise
  • Accessories:  Game Spinner Hands, Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Stampin’ Write Markers, Adhesive Sheet, Dazzling Diamonds, Basic Jewel Rhinestones, Itty Bitty Punch Pack (circle punch)

Hope you’ll play along with the UDI Color Challenge Design team this week… we’ve all got such different stamping styles, it’s fun to see the different challenge participants submissions, and that of team members as well!

If you’ve followed me for awhile, perhaps you have noticed the slight changes I’ve recently made to my blog platform and background. 

The changes were made as a result of reader feedback and suggestions.  I hope the changes work well for you too!  I’m always listening to my readers, comments and suggestions… I’d like to keep you around for a while, and just want you to know that I appreciate each and every one of you!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

7 comments:

Teressa Thompson said...

Beautiful... but you know I'd love it. It's got colors coming out all over the place!

gbarron56 said...

Oh my gosh, Sharon -- I can't believe you punched out all those circles and glued them on your card. I thought it was DSP at first! Amazing! I think you have too much time on your hands, girl!!! Seriously though, your card is amazing. Thanks for sharing and thanks for being on the UDI color team! Blessings, Gretchen

Yolanda said...

I really like what you've done. I am following you from SC. #295. yolanda-tryingtobecreative.blogspot.com

Patrice H said...

What a great card! COLOR COLOR COLOR it makes me happy!

Stamp Magic said...

Oh, man! I can't believe you punched out and stuck on all of those tiny circles! But I LOVE it! It's a beautiful card, and I love the idea of sprinkling glitter to cover the rest of the adhesive. Awesome work!

monikastamp said...

Oh my gosh at all the little circles! The card turned out so cute. I have half a project up on my table - I ran out of time - I'll be ready this week.

Liz Miller said...

First of all I can't believe you punched all those circles out! I love the fun layout you did!