And I’m giving away two membership passes for the spring edition of Inkspirations4U!!
Simply leave comments on this post and others through February 18th 10pm EDT… OR place an online order at my Online Stampin’ Up! Store.
Two winners will be announced in my February 19th Super Saturday Tutorial post! (Only one comment/person/day please … each comment will be counted as an entry.)
Today’s Super Saturday Tutorial is for a Big Shot Triangle Treat Cup made with the Petal Cone Die found in the Occasions Mini Catalog!
Supplies You will need for today’s Super Saturday Triangle Treat Cup Tutorial:
- So Saffron (1 Sheet plus 3” square scrap)
- Whisper White (1/2 Sheet plus Scraps
- Marina Mist, Old Olive Scraps
Big Shot Machine Die Cutting Machine (#113439 $99.95)
Big Shot Supplies:
- Bigz L Petal Cone Die (#121810 $32.95)
- Petals A Plenty Textured Embossing Folder (#116824 $7.95)
- Standard Premium Crease Pad (#113476 $8.95)
- 5-Petal Flower Extra Large Punch(#119880 $16.95)
- Boho Blossoms Extra Large Punch(#119858 $16.95)
- Two Step Bird Extra Large Punch (#117191 $16.95)
- Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (#118309 $16.95)
- Basic Jewel Pearls (#119247 $4.95)
- Stampin Dimensionals (#104430 $3.95)
- Mini Glue Dots (#103683 $4.95)
- Bone Folder (#102300 $6.95)
- Paper Cutter (#104152 $24.95)
- Multipurpose Liquid Glue (#110755 $3.95)
- Sticky Strip (Optional) (#104294 $6.95)
- Paper Snips (#103579 $9.95)
- Pencil and ruler
Here’s a view looking down inside the cup, which measures 2.5” tall.
Step by Step Super Saturday Tutorial for today’s Triangle Treat Cup:
- Cut one sheet of So Saffron Cardstock in half at 5.5” so that you have two halves measuring 8.5” x 5.5”.
- Make a Big Shot Sandwich to cut with the petal cone die: Cutting Plate, shim (if needed), Petal Cone Die (face up), So saffron Card Stock, Standard Premium Crease Pad.
- Run the sandwich through the Big Shot Die Cutting Machine. Review Notes Below before cutting.
- Big Shot Die Cutting Machines will vary due to use, wear, and tear
- Only process one layer of cardstock at a time when using the Big Shot Die Cutting Machine and Standard Premium Crease Pad.
- If the Petal Cone Die is not cutting all the way through the card stock, you will need a shim beneath the die.
- If the Petal Cone Die is cutting through the scoring lines, it means your shim is too thick or you are not using the Standard Premium Crease Pad.
- Set aside the 1/2 Scallops which were created in the last step… you will be using them to decorate your box at the end of this tutorial.
- Cut one of the petal cone die cuts in half, along the center (longest) score line. Retain the half with a tab, discard the half that has no tab.
- Use the bone folder to crease all scored lines of two die cut pieces.
- Fold full cone in 1/2 along the longest scored line.
- I have darkened the top scored line for better identification. Line up the scored line with the 2-1/2” mark in your paper trimmer. Be sure that both the top and bottom of the score are on the 2.5” line. Note: in the photo shown below, I am using a Tabletop Paper Cutter (Item #106959 $45.95)… it’s my favorite !
- Repeat for half cone.
- Placing adhesive along one flap at a time, join the two petal cone die cuts. Although I prefer to use Multipurpose Adhesive due to the humidity in Florida, I’m showing Sticky Tape in the sample below… so you can better view the joining edge.
- Carefully align the two pieces. I am using two card stock colors below to showcase the joining process. Ideally, you want the two scored lines at the top (rounded) edge of the petal cone die to line up perfectly… and the two scored lines at the bottom to line up as well.
- Repeat for other edge, forming a triangle treat cup.
- Center triangle treat cup onto 3” So Saffron Card Stock Square.
- Use Pencil to place a small dot on the 3” square of card stock at each corner of the triangle treat cup.
- Remove Triangle Treat Cup from 3” Square and use the pencil and a ruler to “connect the dots”.
- Use the ruler and pencil to add a 3/8” margin around the triangle you just formed. (See photo in step 16 for clarification.)
- Cut on outer lines, and score along inner lines of the triangle piece.
- Use Snips to cut a wide diamond from each corner of the Triangle Treat Cup Base. Note, I did not cut on the intersecting lines, but slightly wider than the lines… This will allow the triangle treat cup bottom to fit neatly inside the cup.
- Place a little Multipurpose adhesive inside the bottom edges of the Triangle Treat Cup, and then slip your base into it. Hold in place for a few moments until the Multipurpose adhesive has time to set and cure.
- Cut three Whisper White 1/2 Scallops with the Big Shot Machine and Petal Cone Die.
- Emboss the three Whisper White 1/2 Scallops using the Petals a Plenty Textured Embossing Folder and Big Shot Machine.
- Attach to rounded flaps of Triangle Treat Box using Multipurpose Adhesive.
- Locate the So Saffron Petal Cone 1/2 Scallops which were cut in step 3, and attach to the bottom of each flap using Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive.
- Punch Scraps of cardstock with punches to create floral adornment for your petal cone triangle treat box. (One Marina Mist 5-Petal Flower Punch, One Whisper White 5-Petal Flower Punch, two Old Olive branch punches, one So Saffron Boho Blossom Punch, One Marina Mist Itty Bitty Punch)
- Use Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive to attach the Marina Mist (bottom) and Whisper White (top) 5 Petal Flower Layers, staggering the points so they do not overlap.
- Layer and attach So Saffron Boho Blossoms Punch to center of the Whisper White 5 Petal Flower Punch using Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive.
- Use a Stampin’ Dimensional to attach a Marina Mist Itty Bitty Scallop Punch to the center of the Boho Blossom layer.
- Add a basic Pearl Jewel to the center of the Marina Mist Layer. I find it easiest to move and place the Basic Pearls by slipping the tips of my snips beneath the pear to grab both pearl and adhesive, and then position and place on the card stock.
- Use Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive to attach two Old Olive Branch punches to the back of the Marina Mist Flower Layer.
- Attach the flower to your finished project with Stampin Dimensionals (I used 4 to make sure it was securely attached).
Hope you enjoyed today’s Super Saturday Triangle Treat Box Tutorial! I look forward to reading your comments.
Don’t forget, I’ll be giving away TWO passes to the Inkspirations4U! Spring 3D Tutorial Tour.
Enter each day by leaving a comment on posts 2/11 through 2/18 – 10pm EDT or place an online order in my Stampin’ Up! Store.
Winners will be chosen randomly at 10pm EDT 2/18 and announced in next Saturday’s Super Saturday Tutorial on 2/19.