Saturday, February 12, 2011

Super Saturday Tutorial: Big Shot Treat Cup

And I’m giving away two membership passes for the spring edition of Inkspirations4U!! 

Simply leave comments on this post and others through February 18th 10pm EDT… OR place an online order at my Online Stampin’ Up! Store

Two winners will be announced in my February 19th Super Saturday Tutorial post!  (Only one comment/person/day please Smile… each comment will be counted as an entry.)

Today’s Super Saturday Tutorial is for a Big Shot Triangle Treat Cup made with the Petal Cone Die found in the Occasions Mini Catalog!

Supplies You will need for today’s Super Saturday Triangle Treat Cup Tutorial:

Card Stock

  • So Saffron (1 Sheet plus 3” square scrap)
  • Whisper White (1/2 Sheet plus Scraps
  • Marina Mist, Old Olive Scraps

Big Shot Machine Die Cutting Machine (#113439 $99.95)

Big Shot Supplies:

  • Bigz L Petal Cone Die (#121810 $32.95)
  • Petals A Plenty Textured Embossing Folder (#116824 $7.95)
  • Standard Premium Crease Pad (#113476 $8.95)

Punches:

  • 5-Petal Flower Extra Large Punch(#119880 $16.95)
  • Boho Blossoms Extra Large Punch(#119858 $16.95)
  • Two Step Bird Extra Large Punch (#117191 $16.95)
  • Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (#118309 $16.95)

Other Accessories:

  • Basic Jewel Pearls (#119247 $4.95)
  • Stampin Dimensionals (#104430 $3.95)
  • Mini Glue Dots (#103683 $4.95)
  • Bone Folder (#102300 $6.95)
  • Paper Cutter (#104152 $24.95)
  • Multipurpose Liquid Glue (#110755 $3.95)
  • Sticky Strip (Optional) (#104294 $6.95)
  • Paper Snips (#103579 $9.95)
  • Pencil and ruler

side view

Here’s a view looking down inside the cup, which measures 2.5” tall.

interior _view

Step by Step Super Saturday Tutorial for today’s Triangle Treat Cup:

  1. Cut one sheet of So Saffron Cardstock in half at 5.5” so that you have two halves measuring 8.5” x 5.5”.
  2. Make a Big Shot Sandwich to cut with the petal cone die:  Cutting Plate, shim (if needed), Petal Cone Die (face up), So saffron Card Stock, Standard Premium Crease Pad.
  3. Run the sandwich through the Big Shot Die Cutting Machine.  Review Notes Below before cutting.
    • Big Shot Die Cutting Machines will vary due to use, wear, and tear
    • Only process one layer of cardstock at a time when using the Big Shot Die Cutting Machine and Standard Premium Crease Pad.
    • If the Petal Cone Die is not cutting all the way through the card stock, you will need a shim beneath the die. 
    • If the Petal Cone Die is cutting through the scoring lines, it means your shim is too thick or you are not using the Standard Premium Crease Pad.
  4. Set aside the 1/2 Scallops which were created in the last step… you will be using them to decorate your box at the end of this tutorial.
  5. Cut one of the petal cone die cuts in half, along the center (longest) score line.  Retain the half with a tab, discard the half that has no tab.
  6. Use the bone folder to crease all scored lines of two die cut pieces.
  7. Fold full cone in 1/2 along the longest scored line.
  8. I have darkened the top scored line for better identification.  Line up the scored line with the 2-1/2” mark in your paper trimmer.  Be sure that both the top and bottom of the score are on the 2.5” line.  Note:  in the photo shown below, I am using a Tabletop Paper Cutter (Item #106959 $45.95)… it’s my favorite Smile!CutFoldedConeAt2.5inches
  9. Repeat for half cone.
  10. Placing adhesive along one flap at a time, join the two petal cone die cuts.  Although I prefer to use Multipurpose Adhesive due to the humidity in Florida, I’m showing Sticky Tape in the sample below… so you can better view the joining edge.StickyTapedEdgeTreatCup
  11. Carefully align the two pieces.  I am using two card stock colors below to showcase the joining process.  Ideally, you want the two scored lines at the top (rounded) edge of the petal cone die to line up perfectly… and the two scored lines at the bottom to line up as well.LiningUpEdgesOfTreatCupJoins
  12. Repeat for other edge, forming a triangle treat cup.
  13. Center triangle treat cup onto 3” So Saffron Card Stock Square.
  14. Use Pencil to place a small dot on the 3” square of card stock at each corner of the triangle treat cup.bottomtemplate1_dots
  15. Remove Triangle Treat Cup from 3” Square and use the pencil and a ruler to “connect the dots”.
  16. Use the ruler and pencil to add a 3/8” margin around the triangle you just formed.  (See photo in step 16 for clarification.)
  17. Cut on outer lines, and score along inner lines of the triangle piece.
  18. Use Snips to cut a wide diamond from each corner of the Triangle Treat Cup Base.  Note, I did not cut on the intersecting lines, but slightly wider than the lines… This will allow the triangle treat cup bottom to fit neatly inside the cup.WideCutsRemovingCorners
  19. Place a little Multipurpose adhesive inside the bottom edges of the Triangle Treat Cup, and then slip your base into it.  Hold in place for a few moments until the Multipurpose adhesive has time to set and cure.
  20. Cut three Whisper White 1/2 Scallops with the Big Shot Machine and Petal Cone Die.
  21. Emboss the three Whisper White 1/2 Scallops using the Petals a Plenty Textured Embossing Folder and Big Shot Machine.
  22. Attach to rounded flaps of Triangle Treat Box using Multipurpose Adhesive.
  23. Locate the So Saffron Petal Cone 1/2 Scallops which were cut in step 3, and attach to the bottom of each flap using Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive.
  24. Punch Scraps of cardstock with punches to create floral adornment for your petal cone triangle treat box. (One Marina Mist 5-Petal Flower Punch, One Whisper White 5-Petal Flower Punch, two Old Olive branch punches, one So Saffron Boho Blossom Punch, One Marina Mist Itty Bitty Punch)floralLayers
  25. Use Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive to attach the Marina Mist (bottom) and Whisper White (top) 5 Petal Flower Layers, staggering the points so they do not overlap.
  26. Layer and attach So Saffron Boho Blossoms Punch to center of the Whisper White 5 Petal Flower Punch using Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive.
  27. Use a Stampin’ Dimensional to attach a Marina Mist Itty Bitty Scallop Punch to the center of the Boho Blossom layer.
  28. Add a basic Pearl Jewel to the center of the Marina Mist Layer.  I find it easiest to move and place the Basic Pearls by slipping the tips of my snips beneath the pear to grab both pearl and adhesive, and then position and place on the card stock.
  29. Use Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive to attach two Old Olive Branch punches to the back of the Marina Mist Flower Layer.
  30. Attach the flower to your finished project with Stampin Dimensionals (I used 4 to make sure it was securely attached).

Hope you enjoyed today’s Super Saturday Triangle Treat Box Tutorial!  I look forward to reading your comments. 

Don’t forget, I’ll be giving away TWO passes to the Inkspirations4U! Spring 3D Tutorial Tour. 

Enter each day by leaving a comment on posts 2/11 through 2/18 – 10pm EDT or place an online order in my Stampin’ Up! Store. 

Winners will be chosen randomly at 10pm EDT 2/18 and announced in next Saturday’s Super Saturday Tutorial on 2/19.

Big Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

94 comments:

tory said...

This is adorable. I'm always looking for little treat cups to take goodies to my grandgirls. This one will be this weeks treat container. Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us. Blessings.

tory said...

This is adorable. I'm always looking for treat cups to take goodies to my grandgirls. This will be this week's container to take mini cupcakes to them. Thank you for sharing your talent with us. Blessings

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your inspiration. I love that you give step by step directions in addition to the videos. Also thanks for the opportunity to win a free pass to the spring Inkspirations4U.

Ronna
Ronna.crowley@att.net

TIONYA said...

Can I just say...........cute??! Love the treat cup! Thanks for the free tutorial.

Susan Carlson said...

Fabulous project! Thank you for the detailed tutorial, Sharon!

lisa808 said...

Very pretty treat cup. Nice 'Springy' colors.

Debbie Flattum said...

Great use of the petal cone die. Thanks for the concise tutorial, too.

Scrappywonder said...

thank you for sharing such a fabulous project!! I will certainly be trying my hand at a CASE of it!!! thanks again! R ;)

Chris said...

I like seeing all the different ideas for using supplies. Sometimes we get stuck and can only see one thing. It's great to be let out of the box. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

What a cute and project. I love when products can be used for multiple uses. Thanks for sharing.
tdharris1@cox.net

Anonymous said...

My first thought was "that's gorgeous!" Thanks so much for taking the time to not only share with us, but to make a very detailed tutorial!
Michelle in NH

sharon said...

Can you say ingenius? I love this tutorial! Your pix are a great help. Twice yearly the aunts sisters mother and daughters get together for a weekend of scraping. This would be perfect for little treats. Thanks!
Sharon L

Penny Hanuszak said...

Even without the opportunity to enter a contest I would be commenting on this fabulous tutorial. Sharon you share such great stuff and your tutorials are always awesome. This is great!

kchristensen said...

Wow, another great tutorial! You've got so many ways to use this new petal cone die. I really enjoy checking your blog to see what new things you'll come up with.

Barbra said...

I love this idea. I just purchased the petal cone die and am going to try this today. Thanks for the great ideas you share with us. Hugs from the kamperstampr

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Super cute Sharon! I don't have the petal cone die yet, but am loving everything I'm seeing with it. This is no exception!

MCH said...

Great Project - super cute - thanks for the tutorial - you're awesome!

Patrice H said...

Great tutorial !! I love Saturdays.
Cute project too!

Patti said...

What a cute project. I wasn't too sure about this die but you've nudged me in its direction. Thanks for sharing.

Charlotte said...

Was sick over the weekend, and am just now getting to your Saturday tutorial. This treat cup using the petal cone die is absolutely adorable - unique - amazing! Can you tell I LOVE IT? Thank you for sharing it!

ktstamps said...

WOW! Another great project...I love how unselfish you are...OMG! You can take my breath away in your creations! Thank you. kt

Vonnie said...

What a cute idea and so springy too. I love your creations!
Yvonne

Susan said...

Happy to leave a comment - You are an inspiriation! Thanks for all your great cards, crafts, and ideas you share to energize me!

TIONYA B said...

Thanks for the daily inspiration! I look forward to receiving your blog in my email.
Have a blessed day.
tionya b.
tionyalynn at yahoo dot com

irishgalkelly said...

Love this Sharon! This would be so cute to give to a teacher to show appreciation or for Easter or for Mother's Day...endless possibilities!! Thanks for the inspiration.

kelly_wentling at yahoo dot com

Lareina said...

What a sweet little treat cup! Thanks for sharing the instructions!

ArtisticInkspirations said...

You always seem to come up with amazing little boxes and things.. Love the treat cup!!

Sharon Steinwand said...

Wow! Your blog just gets better and better! Thanks so much for giving clear and detailed directions for so many projects. Do you mind if I share your blog address with friends? I know they'd be impressed and inspired!! You're a lovely lady!

Caroline said...

love it!! :) Thanks for the chance to win, too. What a nice idea!

Suzy Tyler said...

Great and fun project! Such an inspiration!

Carey said...

Great tutorial as usual. I really look forward to Saturdays on your blog.

Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy

Nancy said...

The Petal Cone Die is so versitle.
Thanks so much for the great tutorial. Your blog ROCKS!

Donna said...

What a wonderful project and a fun tutorial. Glad I stopped by today. Thanks for the fun! Have a wonderful weekend!

Carey said...

I really look forward to your fun on Saturdays. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy

Carri said...

Wow, you are such a great demonstrator of projects. I rarely understand, but I actually understood yours. Thank you so much for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I love your work. I am trying to get my SU and wedding business started this summer after my retirement from the Service and you have such wonderful ideas! I hope to win one of your passes so I can learn more!

Misti
mististowell@yahoo.com

Laurie Gibson said...

This is absolutely the cutest!!! I have been on the fence about this die but now I am just going to have to take the plunge and buy it :) tfs this wonderful tutorial~!

Karen said...

You always have great projects! The treat cup is really cute....will have to try it!

Sonya said...

What a cute idea for that petal cone die! Thanks for sharing :)

Shelly said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the detailed tutorials you provide!! ~ always inspirational! (( fingers crossed ))

Jim said...

Love your blog. Lots of cute ideas. Now if I could just find the time to make them all......Tara

Elizabeth said...

Too cute! Thank you SO MUCH for the instructions! I can't wait to try one of my own.

Thanks for the chance to win!

Hugs!

Judy said...

Ok, Now you've done it! I've been trying really hard not to buy this particular die..Gotta have it now!
Great Tutorial! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Such talent. I love your ideas and hope you keep sharing them. I'm loving the website.
Mary Kay

Sonya said...

What a cute idea for the petal cone die! Thanks for sharing this tutorial :)

Melina said...

Thanks so much for the detailed instructions! It's an awesome project I can't wait to reproduce~

monikastamp said...

Well maybe the second time it will work - it wouldn't save my comment the first time so here it is again. This is a cute little project - I'd like to use it for a class this spring. Thank you for sharing the instructions.
Monika Davis

Libby said...

Wow Sharon, both these projects are awesome. Thanks so much for the inspiration. Of course I'll have to case them :)

Amanda Harbison said...

I love to see your artwork - and this box is no exception. you just keep making me want to work harder to make creative things. Thank you!

Nancy Dawson said...

What a clever idea? I love all your stuff and you are so talented and thank you so much for sharing and giving us such inspiration. Nancy

Brenda Marshall said...

How Cool! Thanks for sharing, I love it - don't have this die yet but now I'm really tempted...

Catherine Steele said...

Wow! Great tutorial for the box! What a super idea, thanks so much for sharing it.

Wendy Hawkinson said...

This is fantastic-well not for my checkbook. LOL
I am definitely ordering the die next time. :)

~Wendy
Stampiepoo@gmail.com

Jan said...

CUTE! I reallynlove all your ideas!

Caraquena said...

great projects - I would love to win a pass por favor

Kathryn said...

This is such a cute project. Thank you so much for inspiring us and sharing with us fresh ideas.

Kathryn

thscrappinmama said...

I love your work and would love to win, maybe I will get lucky this time! LOL either way thanks for the chance!!

Ann said...

Fabulous idea with the Petal Cone die Sharon! Can't wait to get mine!!

Peggy said...

Great project. You have some awesome projects on your blog. Thanks for sharing.

Bren said...

Wow! What excellent instructions! Thanks so much for sharing your great ideas, creativity and hard work with all of us! Bren

Peggy said...

Not sure but my comment did not seem to work so I will try again. Great project thanks for the opportunity for a pass.

Tory said...

Cute treat package! And thanks for a chance to win!!!

Anita said...

This is amazing!

Claire Ventre said...

Thank you so much for this wonderful tutorial! This die is on my wish list and now I have yet another adorable project to make with it! You are much appreciated!

Elaine said...

Absolutely beautiful. Your projects amaze me, thank you for the detailed tutorial

Claire Ventre said...

Thanks so much for sharing this great tutorial!! You are so generous with your ideas and they are much appreciated!! This die is on my wish list and I can't wait until it gets here!!

inkedx2 said...

I don't have this die and wish I did. May have to add it to my next order. Thanks for the chance to win.

Robbie

Gwnne said...

Cute cup, just in time for spring get togethers. Thank you for the great tutorial, and thank you for the inspiration.
Gwynne

venessa said...

I love this tutorial! Can't wait to get the petal cone die.
Venessa M

Gwnne said...

Cute treat cup just in time for spring treats. Thank you for the tutorial and the inspiration
Gwynne

Marilyn Peasley said...

What a great project and so easy to follow. I would love to win. You inspire!

Thanks
Marilyn

Dale Morin said...

What a great use of the cone die! Can't wait to try it myself. thanks for the great tutorial.

Lois said...

Very cute project! Thanks for sharing!

Liz said...

Dear Sharon, Thank you for always sharing your projects and inspiring us always.

Follower always Liz

Cherie said...

I love your blog and can't hardly seem to wait to see what great ideas you are going to come up with next! You share such wonderful projects with us! TFS!

Suzie Q said...

Thank you so much for the pictures and instructions! You did a wonderful job!!! You are extremely talented!

Tricia Butts said...

This is so sweet and your tutorial is amazing. Thanks for sharing this great idea.
Tricia Butts, Northglenn Colorado
http://www.triciastampingcreations.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing all your great ideas! You're such an inspiration.

Jan Farring said...

Very, Very cute - thanks for the great directions!!

ktstamps said...

Please sign me up! I love Inkspirations4U...the artwork is awesome and it's so great to have a workshop and pull out that WOW factor. You all do a fabulous job. Thank you! kt

Margaret Raburn said...

What a sweet treat cup!! And your tutorial is so detailed! Thank you so much for giving us the information so that we can make some of these also!!

Sandy said...

I love your tutorials and the many projects which are easily followed. Thank you for posting these. Sandy Jordan

Jayne Stenstrom said...

It's projects like this that MADE me get that die! I was sure I wouldn't have any use for it, but this project is ADORABLE! Thanks for sharing!
~Jayne S.
jayne@jaynestamps.com

Terry Duncan said...

Thank you so much for sharing this tutorial! I can't wait to try it. I love finding things you can do with punches and dies, other than how they're meant to be used.

Debbie Flattum said...

Thanks for sharing the wonderful tutorial. Great job!

Judy DiScipio said...

What a fun project! Would love to see more. Thanks, Judy :)

T2 said...

Awesome project, as always. :)

krene said...

What a wonderful project! Thank you so much for sharing the detailed and easy to follow instructions!

Maria Pane said...

I think these projects are amazing. I would love to win a pass to inkspirations!

Alison said...

This little flower pot is adorable. I haven't bought that die because I wasn't sure what to do with it--now I know. Thanks for sharing.

ArtisticInkspirations said...

sure dont' know how you think up so many beautiful cards and projects, AND get them done and posted!! Fantastic cards and projects!!

Mary Hall said...

This is amazing. I wish my brain would work that way. I don't know how you look at something and then change it totally. Thanks for the tutorial. Mary

Karen Kurz said...

What a great idea for the petal cone die. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! You are a very creative and talented woman. I just found your site and have not been this impressed in awhile. Thank you so much for the tutorials. They are inspiring. I can't wait to get to my stamp room. It is going to be a late night!
Marcia