Friday, February 4, 2011

Sketch Frenzy Friday Anniversary Card

This week’s Sketch Frenzy Friday Design Team Sketch was provided by creative team member Ros Davidson.  It’s a simple design, sooo simple in fact that I hope you’ll all play along!  Here’s the sketch:

SFF020411_RosDavidson

When I first saw this sketch, I envisioned the large scroll image from the Baroque Motifs Stamp Set across the card.  But that would be much too simple, wouldn’t it?

So I tried to come up with something different and began playing with Springtime Vintage Designer Series Paper, coordinating card stock and crochet trim.  But I wasn’t really too happy with those results and scrapped the card.  Perhaps I’ll resurrect it next week…. we’ll see.

Next I opted to go back to my original thought.. Baroque Motifs… but this time stamped on First Edition Designer Series Paper, and then stepped up a bit with embellishments…

SFF020411_SharonField

The First Edition DSP reminds me of wallpaper.  Lines of pearls follow along the central scroll line, and embellish the knotted ribbon along the bottom edge of the card.  Black Rhinestones were attached at the top, a punched edge along the bottom, and sponge dauber basic black along the edges of the DSP.

The Basic Black and Vanilla design reminded me of an Anniversary card, so I grabbed the Something To Celebrate stamp set and added the greeting along the bottom edge.  Still not overly thrilled with this card, so I decided to go back to the drawing board again!!

I re-engineered the card adding a small black border, Very Vanilla Card Base, and Champagne Shimmer Mist

SFF2411_SharonFieldBaroque

It’s difficult to capture the effect of Champagne Shimmer Mist on Card Stock or Designer Series Paper… the ultra fine spray and sparkle add an antique feel to this card.  All the ultra-fine tiny dots on the photo below are actually sparkles… it’s very cool in person.

closeup_BaroqueCardSFF_SLF

BUT… I still wasn’t too happy with the card, so went back to the drawing card and on my fourth attempt at today’s sketch, and staying within my Very Vanilla and Basic Black comfort zone (Smile) here is what I came up with:

SFF020411SFF_SLF2

The Framed Tulips and Perfect Polka Dots textured embossing folders and small floral image from Happiness Shared gave this very simple card a pop of both texture and color.  I think this would also make a very pretty wedding announcement, don’t you?

Which card do you like best, and why? 

Next stop on the Sketch Frenzy Friday Mini hop and tour is Tammy Baldwin.  Please stop by and leave her a sweet encouraging comment!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

6 comments:

Melinda said...

Of course I like the 2nd one because I'm a clean and simple type stamper but I do love the pearls on the ribbon on the first one!

Sandy Scott said...

I like the last one the best--very simply elegant and very reproduceable. It could easily be an announcement or a sympathy card as well.

Tammy Fite said...

Okay, your "rejects" are gorgeous!! it's always amazing how you come up with such beautiful cards!! You're my hero!!

Creative Apple Scrampers said...

I love both of them!

Deb said...

Well, they both are wonderful! Your post made me chuckle as I find myself doing the same thing!

inkedx2 said...

I love them both! Great cards!

Robbie