Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sharing the Red, White and Blue Card - CS 19

Red, White and Blue… of course would lend itself to a patriotic card… and this week, the Creative Sketches Design Team Challenge uses a variation of those colors:  Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy, and Whisper White.

LOL… I totally made a card for today’s challenge using the WRONG colors!  So early yesterday morning, I pulled the correct card stock from my stamping stash and quickly made a Clean and Simple (CAS) card to fit within the parameters of the color challenge!

I had a very full and busy day yesterday, so had to squeeze this one in very early in the morning! The card was created in 5 minutes… with everything except the stamped focal image.  You heard me right, I created the card and then searched through my stamp collection for an image that would be appropriate for the card!

CS19_SharonField

I chose the “Love What You Do” image for a couple of reasons… I knew I could color the birds with a Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Write Marker, and the text with a Night Of Navy Stampin’ Write Marker.

Also, I thought this would be a great time to remind you about sale-a-bration and the Stampin’ Up Demonstrator Opportunity.  This stamp is available only to Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators, and first introduced at Convention 2010.  Visit my Online Stampin’ Up! store to find out more information about the sale-a-bration event, and the demonstrator opportunity.

The Creative Sketches Challenge changes every week.. it’s not just a sketch challenge, it’s technique challenges, sketch challenge, color challenges and more.  So grab your Red White and Blue Card Stock and play along with the Design Team this week.. I’d love to see your creations!

CS19C-color

Stamps and Supplies used for today’s CAS Color Challenge:

Stamps:  Love What You Do

Card Stock:  Night Of Navy, Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler

Accessories:  Tiny Heart Punch, Night Of Navy Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon, Mini Glue Dots, Paper Daisies, Basic Jewel Pearls, Stampin’ Write Markers, Stampin’ Dimensionals

I look forward to reading your comments, and hope you’ll play along with us this week.  See you tomorrow with another sketch challenge from the Sketch Frenzy Friday Design Team!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

3 comments:

Roberta said...

Great card! I like how you colored the birds to set them apart from the wording. Thanks for sharing.

Shari Winterstein said...

Very striking card. Thanks for blessing my day and inspiring me to use that wonderful stamp. :)

Patrice H said...

Sharon, you are so stinking talented. I really enjoy stopping by your blog I am never disappointed!