Monday, February 7, 2011

Pretty Vintage Card, Happiness Shared +1

The Happiness Shared Stamp Set from the Idea Book and Catalog caught my eye almost immediately.  But even demonstrators have to prioritize their buying lists… and  was only acquired the Happiness Shared Stamp Set recently!

Today, I’m sharing two cards which I made on Sunday…

The first combines the lovely dogwood floral image from the Happiness Shared Stamp Set with my Sale-A-Bration favorite pick:  Bliss, and Springtime Vintage Designer Series Paper!

SpringtimeVintage_HappinessShared

I had a lot of fun coloring the flower image… after first adding color to the stamp with Rose Red, Daffodil Delight and Old Olive Stampin’ Write Markers, I added more color using an Aqua Painter, Blushing Bride, Pretty in Pink, and Old Olive Stampin’ Write Markers.

The image looked a little flat, so I re-highlighted the outer edges and shading with the markers… but I really wanted this flower to ‘pop’.  Using an Aqua Painter and Champagne Shimmer Paint, the softer areas of color were highlighted…

Sympathy_JustBelieve_creatdbyu (2)

I was very surprised that I was able to catch some of the shimmer on camera Smile Other fun elements of this card, the background Springtime Vintage Designer Series Paper was embossed using a Big Shot Machine and the Vintage Wallpaper Textured Embossing Folder, and Cutter kit to distress along the edges.

Additional color was added along all outer edges of the Confetti Cream Card Stock Pieces with the brush end of a Rose Red Stampin’ Write Marker.

Love ribbon scrunching on vintage cards, don’t you?  This scrunched Victoria Crochet Trim was applied with a row on mini glue dots.

The second card I made was for a sad occasion and loss.  I wanted the card to be fresh and appealing, in spite of the situation, so opted to use soft colors of Marina Mist, Pear Pizzazz, and Old Olive. 

Botanical Gazette and Springtime Vintage Designer Series Paper are combined with Marina Mist Card Stock and accents of Daffodil Delight.  The tiny flowers in the Springtime Vintage DSP circle are accented with tiny Basic Jewel Pearls.

Sympathy_JustBelieve_creatdbyu

Again, I used the brush tip of my Stampin’ Write Markers (Old Olive, and Marina Mist) to color Direct To Stamp.  The floral images were not as bold as I would have preferred, so I outlined each of the flowers with the fine tip of the Marina Mist Marker… that seemed to do the trick!

Wanting to add some elements of interest but not wanting to add bulk to the card, two 6” pieces of 1/8” Daffodil Delight Taffeta Ribbon were knotted together and stretched across the foreground of the card.

Hope the recipient likes it Smile

Stamps and Supplies used in today’s Vintage and Sympathy Cards:

Stamps:  Happiness Shared, Just Believe, Clearly For You, Bliss

Card Stock:  Confetti Cream, Rose Red, Pretty In Pink, Pear Pizzazz; Marina Mist, Very Vanilla

Classic Ink Pads:  Pear Pizzazz, Marina Mist

Designer Series Paper:  Springtime Vintage, Botanical Gardens

Big Shot Machine:  Square Lattice and Vintage Wallpaper Textured Embossing Folder

Punches:  2-1/2” and 1-3/8” Circles, 2-3/8” Scallop, Ticket Corner Punch

Accessories:  Victoria Lace, Basic Jewel Pearls, Cutter Kit, Sanding Block, Mini Glue Dots, 1/8” Daffodil Delight Taffeta Ribbon, Brad, Stampin’ Write Markers, Stampin’ Dimensionals

I hope you enjoyed today’s card shares, and that you’ll join me tomorrow for the Utah Divas International Color Challenge! 

Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated… It’s nice to know I’ve got a few friends in cyberspace!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

8 comments:

Annette said...

Both cards are just beautiful Sharon. My favourite is the second one - by a whisker.

yunims said...

Hi .... Looking at your blog it feels exciting. One hour I'm spinning on this blog. Good at reading your blog with great letters. And a lot of interesting articles! Allow me follow this blog. Thanks and regards!

Audrey Pettit said...

What pretty cards, Sharon! Love the floral images on both. You do a lovely job with the coloring....I really like your tip of outlining the images with your markers. Must give that a try. Think you've inspired me to break out some of my stamps. Goodness knows, since I was a SU demonstrator myself for 5 years, I have enough of them. :)

Donna said...

Beautiful cards, Sharon! Love the shimmer!

lisa808 said...

Gorgeous coloring on the first card. Love that added shimmer.

Bette said...

Beautiful cards. I also like those stamps. You do a great job on the coloring. Thanks for the ideas!

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Those are both gorgeous, but that rose is simply stunning!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sending me the very nice card. You always do such a nice job and it sure was nice to get a pick me up in the mail today.
Youre so sweet! Thanks for thinking of me. My brother called and my sister in law went home from the hospital today. She has alot of recovering to do but is better.
Debi Pippin