Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Paper Daisy Valentine Card DCBD 214

I love Red Glimmer paper… could you tell??  LOL… I really resisted purchasing it, wondering if I would get a whole lot of use out of it!  BUT, as time went on, I realized I needed to order MORE!

The sturdy Red Glimmer Designer Series Paper is easy to punch, emboss, and cut with Big Shot Dies!  I find myself using every last scrap of this yummy paper for Valentine Cards and 3-d projects too!

This week, the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team is presenting a color challenge… DCBD_214

The colors are Real Red, Basic Gray, and Pink Pirouette.

Today I’m sharing a Paper Daisy Valentine Card with a very sweet and simple design using scraps of Red Glimmer DSP.

Actually, the whole card came into ‘being’ from a pile of scraps!  The card base was a reject which I had cut and scored incorrectly for an upcoming stamp camp.  Luckily I caught my error before the camp LOL! 

I really thought I’d use it up for punches, but rummaging through my scraps and seeking creative inspiration, I was inspired to make today’s card using this mis-cut base!

DCBD214_SharonField

To make the flower on this card, I used a large Paper Daisy.  Touching the very tip of the brush end of a Stampin’ Write Marker to the Daisy allowed me to control-bleed polka dots onto the daisy.

The Paper Daisy was then folded in half, and then in half again.  A Mini Glue Dot was inserted between the petals of the last fold to help keep it’s shape, and then attached to the card with a couple Mini Glue Dots too.

The long stem on the flower was punched using Old Olive Card Stock and the Two Step Bird Punch… twice.  Also a leftover scrap, I had originally embossed one of these leaves with branch using the Big Shot Machine and Square Lattice Textured Embossing Folder… so I did the same with the second (newer) punched branch.

The two stems were butted together and affixed to the Whisper White Card Stock using Multipurpose Adhesive.  If you look very closely, you can see where the stems are joined, but it is barely visible!

And.. here’s the inside of the card Smile

DCBD214_valentineSharonField

A small slit was made on the card fold with Snips, and the Real Red Satin Ribbon was slipped behind the focal image before I glued it down to the Pink Pirouette Card Base.

All the Red Glimmer Designer Paper used on this card were scraps left over from preparing for my monthly club meeting Smile

Stamps and supplies used in today’s Paper Daisy Valentine Card:

  • Stamps:  Filled with Love
  • Card Stock:  Pink Pirouette, Basic Gray, Whisper White, Real Red Glimmer Designer Series Paper, Old Olive
  • Accessories:  Big Shot Machine, Square Lattice Textured Embossing Folder, Two Step Bird and Branch Extra Large Punch, Extra Large Photo Corner Punch, Paper Daisies, Real Red 5/8” Satin Ribbon, Snips, Mini Glue Dots, Multipurpose Adhesive

Hope you’ll play along with the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team this week! The color palette lends itself to Valentines card designs, but you could easily do a baby or birthday card or scrapbook page as well.

I look forward to viewing your creations!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

3 comments:

lisa808 said...

Sharon, I so loved the design of this card and immediately went to my craft room and made a Valentine version. tfs

Card Crazy said...

Delightful card! Love that flower...and that glitter paper is fantastic. When will they have more colors? I want some!
Sue S.

Patrice H said...

What a strikingly beautiful card you have created Love it!