Friday, February 11, 2011

NOT a Valentine Card Sketch Challenge

Each Friday, I get to share a new sketch created by one of the members of the Sketch Frenzy Friday Design Team, and as a courtesy, link to their blogs.

This week’s Sketch Frenzy Friday Design Team sketch was designed by none other than Yours Truly… LOL, So my link would be to Created By You.

I designed this sketch with Valentines’ Day in mind, knowing was coming up… but I’ve done so many Valentine Cards already, and you’ve probably got all your Valentine Cards made… so for today’s sketch challenge, I opted to design something other than Valentines Day.. hope you like it!

Here’s my card:

SFF0211_SharonField

LOL… I must have been in a “blue” mood when I created this card, but I love how the colors all went together!

Here’s my Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch, created with My Digital Studio:

SFF021110_SharonField-001

I had a lot of fun layering the background for my card, using the Wonderfully Worn, En Francais, and Medallion Background Stamps!  The background stamps are large format stamps and cover the entire card front. 

When I teach classes using these large format background stamps, I generally show students how to ink the stamp with the image face up. 

Some people prefer to then place their card stock on top of the inked stamp.  I prefer to line up my card stock and stamp with lines on my grid paper, and gently ease the stamp over on top of the card stock… that leaves everything nice and straight!

Stamps and Supplies used in today’s SFF Sketch Challenge:

Stamps:  Medallion, En Francais, Wonderfully Worn, Herb Expressions, Vintage Vogue

Card Stock:  Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke, Marina Mist, Night of Navy, Sahara Sand

Classic Inks:  Marina Mist, Always Artichoke, Night Of Navy

Accessories:  Grid Paper, Marina Mist 5/8” Satin Ribbon, Big Shot Machine, Fun Flowers Die, Pretty Polka Dots and Square Lattice Textured Embossing Folders, 5 petal flower punch, sponge dauber, basic jewel rhinestones

Next stop on the Sketch Frenzy Friday Mini Blog Hop and Challenge is Tammy Baldwin.  Be sure to give her a happy hello!

See you tomorrow with another special free Super Saturday Tutorial I hope you enjoy stamping along with me!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop My Online Stampin’ Up Store for these exclusive Stampin’ Up! products and more!

Pin It!

7 comments:

yunims said...

Hmm... valentine in blue,...no matter...that good new idea! The card designe is good..very nice and blue!

Melinda said...

WOW! I love the way you added the flower to the center of the Medallion stamp. Beautiful card!

Patrice H said...

I like this challenge and the card you made is really beautiful. I hope I get some tme to do it this weekend.

Chris said...

Great layout. Even though your sketch was intended for Valentine's Day, its great to demonstrate other ways to use it. Thanks for sharing.

Deb said...

This is gorgeous! I love the color blue!

Robbie said...

Very pretty Sharon!

Robbie

Libby said...

Very nice. I like your interpretation.