Friday, February 18, 2011

Got the Blues and Greens.. SFF Sketch Card

Welcome to Sketch Frenzy Friday!  Today’s sketch was designed by design team member Tammy Baldwin, I hope you like it and will play along with the team this week!

I’m in love with the Springtime Vintage Designer Series Paper… especially the blue/green floral pattern!  I’m normally not a blue person, preferring greens, or black, or tan… so I find my self quite surprised as I continue to create cards with a blue and green theme!

Today’s card features one of the new beveled windowpanes from the Occasional Mini Catalog (page 12).  It didn’t really photograph well, but if you look closely, you can see I fed the Marina Mist Taffeta through the slot in the top of the beveled windowpane before knotting it.

inchies212sf_bluesngreens

LOL this card was a true work in progress!  I followed the sketch, but kept adding more and more… almost not knowing when to stop!  Here’s the sketch:

SFF021811_TammyBaldwin

As you can see, I got most of the basic elements into my card, but had to stop at some point.  I really love the deeply grooved texture provided by the Big Shot Machine and Textured Embossing Folders.. and couldn’t resist using two of them in today’s card!

Stamps and Supplies used in today’s SFF Card:

Stamps:  Cute By The Inch

Card Stock:  Not Quite Navy, Pear Pizzazz, Always Artichoke, Marina Mist, Bashful Blue

Designer Series Paper:  Springtime Vintage

Classic Ink:Not Quite Navy

Big Shot Machine and Accessories:  Finial Press, Perfect Polka Dots, and Square Lattice Textured Embossing Folders; Fun Flowers Bigz L Die

Other Accessories:  5 petal flower extra large punch, 1” circle punch, brads, marina mist taffeta ribbon, Beveled Window Panes, Antique Brads, Mini Glue Dots, Sponge Dauber, Stampin Dimensionals, Stampin’ Write Markers

Next stop on the SFF Design Team mini blog hop is creative stamper Tammy Baldwin, the designer of today’s sketch!  Be sure to leave her a sweet comment!

I’m working on another free fabulous super Saturday Tutorial for tomorrow’s blog post, hope you’ll stop back by!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

10 comments:

irishgalkelly said...

Pretty card! Your color combo looks like Spring! Love the corner flower that just pops out at you.

kelly_wentling at yahoo dot com

Melinda said...

WOW! I love the way you textured the flower. The colors are amazing as well. I haven't caved to the beveled windows yet but boy you are making it difficult. Love your card!

nana_cindy42 said...

Beautiful!!! Blues & greens are so nice together. I don't know why when I was growing up one of the 'rules' of clothing was you shouldn't wear blue & green together. How more of nature can one get! I love the designer paper behind the dark blue strip. Actually I love it all!!!

Deb said...

Beautiful! I love this paper, too!

candy said...

You are so inspiring I check your blog every morning! Thank you for your entertaining posts.
Candy

Charlotte said...

The blue and green look beautiful together! Love all the different embossing folders you used - and, how you used it on your flower, too!

Amanda Harbison said...

the flowers are amazing - I think I really need that flower die now! Thank you for the inspiration.

Libby said...

This looks terrific. It defyes the old adage .. blue and green should never be seen without a colour in between' ..

Sandi said...

Wow! What a beautiful card! I too am a fan of the blue and green together and totally love the textured strip of cardstock on the side. And what can I say about that flower, except gorgeous!
Sandi Dailey
gdailey@concentric.net

Sunflower Stamper said...

Great card! LOVE the color combo!!