Sunday, February 27, 2011

Dream Gardens Shoji Screen Stamping

With Gold Waffle Paper, Classic Basic Black Ink, and the Dream Gardens Stamp Set, these cards remind me of Shoji Screens.  Today I have two cards to share.  Both use the Dream Gardens stamp set, and the Shoji Screen Stamping Technique.

The shadow of a Geisha (Image from the Dream Gardens Stamp Set) and other elements are showcased well using the Shoji Screen Stamping Technique too!

Read on… I’ll share both cards and how I stamped them to achieve special effects!

DreamGardens_1SLF

I had a lot of fun making this card… the Geisha and Crane Patterns were stamped on the dull (not shiny) side of Gold Waffle Paper and allowed to dry for a few moments.  Then, the Waffle paper was turned over… shiny side up, and the leaves from the Just Believe Stamp Set were stamped.

The embossed background consists of two layers… Marina Mist Card Stock was covered with Gold Waffle Paper and then embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper Textured Embossing Folder and Big Shot Machine.

TIP:  Changing the base layer of cardstock results in dramatically different results when you cover with waffle paper…. try it you’ll be pleasantly surprised!

Next card…. similar to the out of the box technique, only this one is off the card base!  The Geisha focal image was stamped as described for the first card.  Then the Just Believe Long Floral Stems image was stamped on the back (non shiny) side of the Gold Waffle Paper, turned over and stamped on the top too!

DreamGardens2_slf0243

While making these cards, I also experimented with Silver Waffle Paper, but the results were nowhere near as dramatic as those achieved with Gold Waffle Paper.

Look at the close up of the Geisha Shoji Screen Stamped image below.  Notice the crinkly texture of the waffle paper? 

dgcloseup_slf3240970937

After smoothing the waffle paper and stamping on both sides, it was attached to a piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock with Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive, and then trimmed to size.  The Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive worked best because it allowed me sufficient time to reposition and place the inked waffle paper.

After allowing sufficient drying time, the edges were inked using Basic Black Classic Ink and a sponge dauber.

Stamps and Supplies for Today’s Dream Gardens Shoji Screen Stamped Cards:

  • Stamps:  Just Believe, Dream Gardens, Dreams Du Jour
  • Card Stock:  Basic Black, Pear Pizzazz, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake
  • Classic Ink:  Basic Black, Pear Pizzazz, Pumpkin Pie
  • Big Shot Machine and Vintage Wallpaper Textured Embossing Folder
  • Accessories:  Antique Brads, Waffle Paper, Basic Jewel Rhinestones, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Sponge Dauber, Large Oval Punch, Paper Crimper, 2 Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds, Linen Thread, Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive, Signo White gel Pen

Hope you enjoyed today’s Dream Gardens Shoji Screen Stamping cards!  I’ll see you tomorrow with some more fun stamping stuff!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

6 comments:

lisa808 said...

Awesome!

Cindy said...

An amazing look! What a very unique technique!! I've never used my waffle paper...I'm excited to give this a try.

craftystamper said...

What a wonderful technique. I would never have thought to use waffle paper that way. I must experiment. Love the outcome. Great card.

Marge Rudd said...

These are lovely cards and I'm entralled with the technique. I have the waffle paper, but never used it because I wasn't impressed with ideas. Well, I'll be using the gold now for sure.

Debi Calandrelle said...

WOW! Gorgeous! I can't wait to sit down this evening and experiment! Thanks for sharing! Absolutely beautiful!

Amy said...

Very cool cards. What a great technique to try. I never would have thought of that!