Wednesday, February 2, 2011

DCBD 213 Sketch Challenge Valentine Card

Well, it’s time for another sketch challenge from the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team!  Hope you’ll visit the team blog and play along with us this week!

Here’s today’s featured sketch DCBD 213:

DCBD_213

Well, as usual, I changed it up a bit… and I actually made two versions of the same card!  Here’s the first version I made:

DCBD213a_HeartTrioVersion1

Changed the orientation, and instead of three brads, added three jewelry tag punches… but I wasn’t really too happy with this card… so I made one tiny little change… and oh, what a difference it made!

DCBD213b_HeartTrioV2

I was MUCH happier with this version of the card… and my club members loved it too!

Stamps and Supplies for Today’s DCBD 213 Card Share:

  • Stamps:  Tiny Tags
  • Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Real Red, Red Glimmer Designer Series Paper
  • Big Shot Machine and Vintage Wallpaper Textured Embossing Folder
  • Accessories: Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, jewelry tag punch, stampin’ dimensionals, linen thread, extra large heart punch, metallic eyelet, Crop-A-Dile Tool

Speaking of clubs… my club members made three different projects today.  They loved the petal cone treat holder which I shared as last week’s DCBD color challenge… AND they got to make another special project as well.

Chocolate is always a hit at club meetings Smile and the third project included chocolate as well.. it’s a very special card which holds a snack sized Hershey Bar… how cool is that!!  

Even better, you’ll see the third club card, and also be able to make your own soon… I thought about sharing it with you tomorrow, but decided to schedule it for my Super Saturday Tutorial  feature on Saturday February 5th.. be sure to come back and check it out!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

3 comments:

Teressa Thompson said...

Of course they loved it... it's got SPARKLES! Plus it's cute and it sparkles. Plus it was so easy for them with the SU punches.. and did I mention, it's got sparkles? LOL

Tee the zany whacked out chick on cold medicine.

lisa808 said...

They are both pretty, but I do like the second one a bit more.

Tammy Q Howell said...

Gorgeous card! I love the change to the red glitter paper behind the ribbon!