Thursday, February 3, 2011

Creative Sketches Challenge 18 Botanical Nature Walk

Back on track with the Creative Sketches Design Team, this week’s feature is a sketch based challenge.

When preparing for this challenge, I looked around my stamp table for inspiration and found a leftover piece of Botanical Gazette Designer Series Paper (DSP).  I love this soft print, and thought it would make the perfect background piece for today’s sketch based card.

Here is the Creative Sketches Challenge Design:

CS18-sk

With Valentines’ Day approaching quickly, I suppose I should have done a Valentine themed card… LOL but I didn’t.  Instead, I chose to do a Birthday Card!  Hope you like it!

CS18_SharonField

The Card Stock base is Very Vanilla.  A crimped piece of Bravo Burgundy Card Stock is added along the bottom edge of the DSP, and Botanical Gazette DSP is backed with Not Quite Navy Card Stock.

The focal image oval was cut using my big shot machine and Ovals Die.  I didn’t happen to have a matching scalloped oval die exactly the size I would need. 

I love the bee image from the Nature Walk Stamp Set.  Inking up really well with Basic Black Classic Ink, and allowing the ink to absorb into the Card Stock before removing the stamp produces a nice dark impression.

I used a Daffodil Delight Stampin Write Marker to color the Bee’s body and then 2-way glue pen and dazzling diamonds to glitter the wings… makes them appear almost transparent don’t you think?

A little creative opportunity here, I punched two Bravo Burgundy Scalloped Circles, trimmed to within 1/4” of the scallop edges, and then snipped almost to the V between the scallops.  This created a flexible scalloped edge, which I then glued to the back of my Oval Die Cut.

The little Crochet Trim bow was a scrap piece of Chantilly Lace that I just couldn’t throw away… so I tied a little bow and attached it to my card with a couple mini glue dots. 

I like using 3 mini glue dots on a bow to prevent it from untying… one mini glue dot behind the knot, and one to each side secures the bow in place.

I hope you’ll come play along with the Creative Sketches Design Team this week…. this one is really easy to do, so dust off those stamps and come play with us!

Stamps and Supplies used in today’s CS18 Botanical Nature Walk Card Share:

  • Stamps:  Nature Walk, Something to Celebrate
  • Card Stock:  Very Vanilla, Not Quite Navy, Bravo Burgundy
  • Designer Series Paper:  Botanical Gazette
  • Big Shot Machine and Ovals Die
  • Accessories:  Chantilly Crochet Trim, Stampin Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Extra Large Scallop Circle Punch, Snips, Snail, Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Stampin’ Write Markers, 2 way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds

Tomorrow I’ll share another edition of the Sketch Frenzy Friday Design Team Challenge, and of course on Saturday I’ve got a new Super Saturday Tutorial  for you too!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

So very soft and pretty!! I love your paper and stamps :) The lace bow just makes the card perfect :)