Thursday, February 24, 2011

Creative Sketches - 2 Cards Today!

Whenever I hit a creative road block, I have to put the stamps down, and just walk away.  Generally that is at the end of a day where I’ve been working on Design Team stuff, sketches, and/or tutorials!

Funny thing is that in the morning when I return to my stamp room, I’m much happier with the previous days’ results than I’d been the evening before.. LOL.. does that happen to you too?

It’s just what happened when I was working on the Creative Sketches Design Team Challenge this week… only the next morning, I didn’t even look at my card from the evening before, instead created a whole new card.

And, it was only when the second card was complete that I looked at the previous days’ design… LOL… not so bad after all!

So… today, for the Creative Sketches Design Team, I’ve actually got two fun cards to share!

Here’s the first one I created:

CS21H_SharonField

I had planned on making it a birthday or anniversary card… but decided to move on to the next sketch based card… The “For You” image was colored with Stampin’ Write Markers and then DTP on  Very Vanilla Card Stock.

The Bright Blue paper covering the pocket was created from Very Vanilla Card Stock, brayer-ed with Pacific Point Classic Ink from many directions… I started and stopped all over the place, breaking all the rules to achieve a textured background.

CS21a_SharonField

The tag in the card pocket is removable… here it is laying on top of the pocket. 

cs21a2_SharonField

First Edition DS along the bottom of the pocket is a bit of left over from Sunday’s Bling 2 Tutorial share.  I added some Basic Jewel Rhinestones to the small key tied at the top of the tag… just seemed to need a little extra bling.

Now, I’ll have to share the actual sketch… and you can see I took a few liberties (again), hope they don’t fire me!CS21

Stamps and Supplies Used in Today’s Creative Sketches Design Team Challenge CS21:

Stamps:  En Francais, Punch Bunch; and Bliss, Nature Walk, En Francais

Card Stock:  Very Vanilla, Pear Pizzazz, So Saffron, Pacific Point, Poppy Parade; and Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Not Quite Navy, Pear Pizzazz, and Botanical Gazette DSP, First Edition DSP

Classic Inks:  Not Quite Navy, Pacific Point; and Marina Mist, So Saffron, Bashful Blue, Concord Crush, Poppy Parade

Accessories:  Small Heart Punch, Extra Large and regular Scallop Circle Punches, sponges, Stampin’ Write Markers; and Stampin’ Write Markers, Jewel Rhinestones and Keys 1/8” Espresso Grosgrain Ribbon

Hope you’ll join us and play along this week.. see you tomorrow with a new Sketch Frenzy Friday Challenge!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

8 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, you're making me laugh. They certainly won't fire you! You've done a fabulous job with that sketch. Truly! I really like both takes......love the pocket you created on the second with the pull-out tag.
and can I ever relate to your comments on having to walk away from your project sometimes. I do that a lot. Think I'm hating something, and then later decide it's not so bad after all, then later deciding again that it does suck. And sometimes, I do the opposite where I thought it was good, and later wondered what on earth I was thinking about. Guess it just depends on which way the wind is blowing that day. ;)

Adriana Benitez said...

Sharon, both of the cards are so pretty. Love the extra detail you put into projects (shading, embellishments, color..) TFS!

Amy said...

Yep, walking away from a project overnight def. makes me like it more! I think when you've been obsessing over it, it just starts to look worse and worse, and when you get a little distance and perspective, you see it's better than you thought. Great cards today!

irishgalkelly said...

Yes, been there done that with walking away. Only I usally walk away for a few days then come back. LOL! Love your brayered paper, it is a cool look. And that card has nice bright cheery colors. But I really love the tag you made with the birdie sitting on top of the sentiment. I'd want to use that tag for a book mark. Both are nicely done.

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Both cards are great!!...but that's std for you!!! Always nice work..

Sonia said...

Hi!
I love your creation look fabulous and also i like the sketch.
I had a template may be similar to the sketch to do a card like a mini album.
You have a beautiful blog and lovely creations.
I'm your new follower.
-Sony
Sonia-Studio60

Patrice H said...

Hi Sharon, they are both so beautiful. I like the pull out option on the second card and the little extra bling really caught my eye.
Yep I think walking away is a great idea. Sometimes so much stuff is floating around in my head it gets in the way. I can't get anything to work out right. Your creations are wonderful!

Patrice H said...

Hi Sharon, they are both so beautiful. I like the pull out option on the second card and the little extra bling really caught my eye.
Yep I think walking away is a great idea. Sometimes so much stuff is floating around in my head it gets in the way. I can't get anything to work out right. Your creations are wonderful!