Ok.. I know I promised two cards today… but perhaps you’ll forgive me when I tell you I’ve got a CAS card and treat holder for Easter.
Just to make it up, I’m including all the cutting directions for the treat holder as well!
Here’s my CAS card featuring Botanical Gazette and Springtime Vintage Designer Series Paper. For some reason I’m migrating towards greens and blues… I’m blaming it on the Springtime Vintage DSP LOL!
The greeting on the CAS card shown above is from the Heard From the Heart Stamp Set. Two Crochet Trims are used on the CAS card, Victoria with it’s piqued edges, and Chantilly which is used for the bow. A small Vanilla Ribbon Rosette with Basic Pearl embellish the bow… pretty quick and easy, very CAS card.
And now… today’s CAS Treat Holder and Tutorial!
The Treat holder actually contains three chocolate Nuggets and a Sea Salt Caramel & Almond “Indulgent Granola Bite” (can you hear me say yummy?). No kidding, it actually says “Indulgent Granola Bite” right on the box… and they weren’t kidding!
The 2.5” x 1.25” chocolate covered granola bar is just 80 calories… but it’s kind of difficult to eat just one (and that’s personal experience). They come in a green and brown box… from that big T store.
Here’s my CAS Easter Treat Holder:
Supplies Needed for Treat Holder Project:
Card Stock: Whisper White, and So Saffron Scraps to punch itty bitty flower and 1” circle.
Classic Ink: So Saffron, Certainly Celery
Designer Series Paper: Build A Bear Workshop Pawsitively Paws
Big Shot Machine and Square Lattice Textured Embossing Folder
Accessories: Itty Bitty Punch Pack, 3/4” Circle Punch, 2-3/8” Scallop Extra Large Punch, Paper Daisies, sponge dauber, 5/8” Certainly Celery Satin Ribbon (36”), Basic Jewel Pearls, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Medium Flat 4” x 6” Cellophane Bags, Stapler, Ribbon Scissors, Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive, Mini Granola Bar, 3 nuggets, bone folder
Whisper White Card Stock:
- 4.5” x 4-1/8” scored at 2.25”
- 3.75” x 5”
- 3” x 3” Scrap to stamp and punch
Designer Series Paper:
- 2” x 3-7/8” for topper
- 2.5” x 5” for Candy Wrapper
- Wrap Granola Bar with 2.5” x 5” Designer Series Paper, and glue in place with Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive.
- Wrap with 5/8” Satin Ribbon, and attach to Granola Bar with Mini Glue Dots (secure on front, it will be covered by a daisy)
- Emboss scrap of So Saffron Card Stock using Big Shot Machine and Square Lattice Textured Embossing Folder.
- Use 3/4” circle punch to cut circle from embossed Card Stock.
- Glue to center of one of a 1.25” Paper Daisy and affix to wrapped Granola Bar.
- Use several Mini Glue dots to glue Granola Bar to 3.75” x 5” Whisper White Cardstock. Position so that it is approximately 1/4” from right and bottom edges of the card stock.
- Wrap each of the three nuggets with ribbon, and secure on the back with mini glue dots.
- Punch two floral itty bitty punches from so saffron scrap card stock, and attach to the front of two nuggets with mini glue dot.
- Attach one 1/2” Paper Daisy to remaining ribbon wrapped nagget with a mini glue dot.
- Add medium basic Pearl Jewel to the center of flowers on each nugget.
- Attach decorated nuggets to the left side of Whisper White Cardstock, aligning appx. 1/4” from the granola bar, left and bottom edges using mini glue dots.
- Insert cardstock into cello bag, and set aside.
- Use bone folder to crease 2.25” scored line on 4.5” x 4-1/8” Whisper White card stock.
- Place over top edge of cello bag, and staple in place. TIP: I like to staple upside down, so that the smooth side of the staple will be on the back of the treat holder, and the open ends will be hidden by the designer series paper.
- Use Multipurpose Adhesive to attach remaining Designer Series Paper to the top of the treat holder.
- Ink “Just for You” stamp from Afterthoughts with Certainly Celery Classic Ink, and stamp on 3” square of Whisper White Card Stock.
- Punch with 2-3/8” Scallop Circle Extra Large Punch.
- Use So Saffron Classic Ink and sponge dauber to ink edges of punched scallop.
- Attach to front of treat with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Tie a Double Loop Bow with remaining Certainly Celery 5/8” Satin Ribbon.
- Use Ribbon Scissors to cut V’s into the tails of the Double Loop Bow.
- Attach Bow to the front of the treat.
Wow… lots of steps, but it really does go together quickly! This project would be great for assembly line production if you’d like to make them for teachers, bible study students, or a ladies group!
See you tomorrow with another great Utah Divas International Color Challenge. Hope you’ll stop by and say hi!
Don’t forget to leave comments on posts this week to win a free pass to the Inkspirations4U site! The winner will be drawn later this week!