Sunday, February 6, 2011

Baby Gift Bag for Chastity

This weekend I had the pleasure of attending a baby shower for one of my adopted down-line team members, Chastity Thompson.  This weekend was a special event.. not just because it was a baby shower, but also because I had an opportunity to meet so many of her very sweet friends!

Chastity and I were introduced by our UPS Delivery Man, who scribbled her telephone number on my Stampin’ Up! Delivery and asked me to please call this demonstrator who (at the time) lived nearby. Needless to say, we formed a wonderful bond! 

Last minute Charlie here, the morning of the shower, I realized that I needed to come up with something very special to wrap her baby shower gift.  We all knew she is having a baby girl… so I thought a pretty little bag decorated like a baby girl’s dress would be appropriate.

So… away I went to my stamping room to create some sort of special gift packaging for a very creative and talented demonstrator… And this is the bag I came up with:

BabyGiftBag4ChastityBySharonField

I even made a very special gift tag for the bag using the extra large scallop punch, paper daisies and basic jewel pearls… the polka dotted flower layer was created by allowing the tip of a Stampin’ Write Marker to gently bleed into the flower.  A sponge dauber and blushing bride ink were used to add color to the flower layers.

BabyGiftBagcloseupSharonField

LOL… but only part of my gift fit in the bag!!!  Hindsight… should have started with a larger gift bag.  After trying to fit everything in, finally I opted to stamp some tissue paper, wrap up the remaining gift items, and create a second tag.

BabyGiftChastityBySharonField

The tag resembled a baby bib Smile I thought it was fun.. the tissue paper stamps and ducky image were from the Baby Bundle Stamp Set.  A Double Loop Bow was added atop the Pretty In Pink Satin Ribbon, and attached with mini glue dots.

Several people at Chastity’s baby shower wanted to know just HOW I made that bag… it’s something that was shared at a Stampin’ Up! Leadership or Regional event a few years back…

Basically, you take an ordinary handle gift bag, and open up the side flaps/folds.  Measuring down proportional inches to form sleeves.. in this case 3” from the top, draw a line to the fold line at the front of the bag.  This photo shows where I measured down and drew pencil lines for cutting.

BabyDressGiftBagCuts_SharonField

After cutting on the pencil lines, the bottom portion of the bag was tucked back in place, leaving me with a T-Shirt Shaped Bag.

525_85GiftBagCutFold

All that was left to do.. was decoration of the bag…. which I transformed from T-Shirt to Baby Dress Smile

Stamps and Supplies used for today’s Baby Dress Gift Bag and Tissue Wrapped Package:

Stamps:  Baby Bundle

Classic Inks:  Blushing Bride, Regal Rose

Card Stock:  Blushing Bride, Whisper White

Accessories:  Big Shot Machine, Square Lattice and Pretty Petals Textured Embossing Folders, 5/8” Satin Ribbon, taffeta ribbon, Basic Jewel Pearls, Scallop Border Punch, Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Crop-A-Dile Tool, Eyelet, 1/4” Corner Rounder, Snips, 5.25” x 8.5” White Handle Bag, Multipurpose Adhesive, Retired DSP, Paper Daisies, 2-3/4” Scallop punch, Stampin’ Write Markers

See you tomorrow… with a couple cards I created ‘on the fly’..

Big Hugs, and prayers for Chastity, her family and her baby girl!

Sharon

Pin It!

7 comments:

Susan Carlson said...

That gift bag is absolutely adorable!!! I'm glad that your UPS man introduced you to Chastity. He deserves a hand-crafted gift, too.

Zulma said...

WOW! Sharon this is stunning and beautiful.Love it! and i know that your friend will love it too. Thanks for sharing this proyect.
Hugs, Zulma.

lisa808 said...

Love the bag and your matching 'baby bib' tag is adorable.

nana_cindy42 said...

I'm back!! Finally!!! This is so ADORABLE & CLEVER!!! I love it! I'd like to make it for a week from today when my granddaughter & GREAT granddaughter come to visit! That is IF I can find & unpack my Stampin' Up stuff! lol

Gail S. said...

Super cute!! Love the "bib" tag also :)

Kris McIntosh said...

Sharron, this is so adorable. I'm not sure when I might need one of these but will file it away for future reference. Thanks for sharing how it was made.

Patrice H said...

This T-Shirt Bag is so darn cute!!! I bet they all just loved it! Thanks for the Hot Tip!