Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Always Elegant, a Challenge, Color & Texture

And welcome to today’s edition of the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team Challenge!

Today’s DCBD challenge is sketch based, and today’s card features ONE stamp set… and a lot of texture thanks to embellishments, ribbon, and of course Textured Embossing Folders!

The Always Elegant stamp set was on my ‘wish list’ from the first moment I saw pages 66 and 67 of the Stampin’ Up! Idea Book & Catalog!  But, it got moved to the maybe list as I worked through fall and spring cards, 3-D projects and scrapbook pages.

Recently, one of my customers orders arrived… and once I held this gorgeous stamp set in my hand, I knew I needed to own it NOW!  Of course, I delivered my customers’ order… and had to wait for my Always Elegant Stamp Set to arrive!

And then it was time to play Smile  Here is my card for today’s DCBD Sketch Challenge:

DCBD215_SharonField

This is another one of my migratory cards… it just happened from scraps and bits on my stamping table.  I think it turned out kind of sweet! 

I used Stampin Write Markers to color between the lines of the Always Elegant Focal Image, and then added a few, well quite a few Basic Jewel Pearls:DCBD215a_SharonField

The marker colors used were Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake, River Rock, Early Espresso, and Soft Suede.

Along the left edge, I created an elegant ribbon treatment by folding the ribbon back and forth, placing a mini glue dot between top layers, and Snail on the back layers before attaching it to the card.

DCBD215b_SharonField

The Very Vanilla Card Stock 1/2 Scallop from a Petal Cone Die Cut was embossed with the Petals a Plenty Textured Embossing Folder, and then added along the edge of the ribbon.

The card just seemed to call out for something ‘more’ so I added three ribbon rosettes, attaching them with mini glue dots,  and a basic jewel Pearl to the center of each rosette.

The Marina Mist Card stock in the background was a leftover piece filed with other Marina Mist scraps.  Embossed with the Framed Tulip Textured Embossing Folder, it was one I made while writing the Framed Tulip Manipulation Tutorial found HERE.

Oh my goodness, I almost forgot to share today’s DCBD Sketch!  Here it is.. and, as usual I’ve taken a couple liberties to make it my own! 

Hope you’ll play along with the Diva Coffee Break Design Team this week!  We love to see your work, and try to visit every participant’s blog too!DCBD_215

Stamps and Supplies used in today’s DCBD 215 Sketch Challenge:

Stamps:  Always Elegant

Card Stock:  River Rock, Marina Mist, Sahara Sand, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla

Classic Ink:  Early Espresso, River Rock

Big Shot Machine and Supplies:  Petal Cone Die, Petals a Plenty and Framed Tulips Textured Embossing Folder

Accessories:  Modern Label Extra Large Punch, Basic Pearl Jewels, Snips, Snail, Mini Glue Dots, Stampin’ Dimensionals, sponge dauber, 5/8” Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon

I look forward to reading your comments!  Only a few days left to enter to win the Inkspiration4U Free Pass Giveaway, and OWOH Squash Album Giveaway!

Wishing you luck!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

11 comments:

Kristie said...

The image is beautiful! I love the added pearls and the pleated ribbon. Wonderful card!

Susan Carlson said...

Thank you for providing so much detail in your description. Love all the pearls!

irishgalkelly said...

Beautiful card Sharon! Love the ribbon and marker details especially. Glad to see a card with this stamp set, I would have missed it otherwise.

kelly_wentling at yahoo dot com

nana_cindy42 said...

Sharon, this card is absolutely gorgeous! I esp love all the shades of the coloring in of places in the stamp. And the pearls are so exquisite!! I love the colors, too! The whole card is stunning!!!

jmniffer said...

I couldn't have told you that stamp was even in the catalog and it is gorgeous! I need to go check that set out. Thanks for sharing, great card! jmniffer

Kristin Moore said...

Oh my Sharon, this is outstanding! Such gorgeous details- so so elegant! Great job!

gale.sewell said...

What a beautiful card, I really like this stamp as well. Thanks for sharing.
Gale

Card Crazy said...

Beautiful card, Sharon. The pearls are gorgeous on this lovely flourish image.
Sue S.

lisa808 said...

OMGosh Sharon, that is an absolutely gorgeous and elegant card!

Charlotte said...

OMG! This is such an elegant card! I LOVE IT! The stamp set is gorgeous! I just LOVE all the elements of this card - but, the pearls and the embossing really add that WOW factor!

inkedx2 said...

This is beautiful! Love how you used the spaces of the flourish.

Robbie