Sunday, January 9, 2011

Very Vintage Sunday Soft and Elegant Handmade Card

I’m busily working on all sorts of things.. upcoming classes, kits, stamp a stacks and more… but thought I’d make a quick post today with a very vintage Sunday Soft and Elegant Handmade Card!  With a lot of textural elements, a big shot machine along with textured embossing folders and vanilla rosettes, I think I like this card more and more.  I’ve left the sentiment/greeting off the card so that I can easily stamp one on the inside for whatever upcoming occasion I may need… pretty thrifty, eh?

Stamps and supplies for today’s Very Vintage Sunday Soft and Elegant Handmade Card:

Stamps:  Bliss (sale-a-bration free stamp set)

Cardstock:  Always Artichoke, Blushing Bride, Crumb Cake, Regal Rose

Classic Ink:  Always Artichoke

Stampin’ Up! Big Shot Machine by Sizzix and  Exclusive Textured Embossing Folders:  Square Lattice, Framed Tulips

Accessories:  Basic Jewel Rhinestones, 2 step bird and branch punch, vanilla rosettes, Chantilly 1/2” Crochet Trim

And here’s today’s Handmade Very Vintage Sunday Card:

vintage_rosette_Ldershp2011_Swap_SharonField

I really love the vanilla rosettes… in three sizes, they can accommodate both card and scrapbook projects.  Vanilla Rosettes would be an excellent addition to Wedding Invitations or party favors as well. 

Everyone who has visited my stamping studio on a highly productive and creative day knows that I stamp and create into a fury and mountain or materials… which I also use for my creative inspiration.  I’ve kept my New Years’ Resolution from last year and met my goal of cleaning up my stamp area daily, but it’s a new year and boy do I have a mess on my table!

It’s really OK, because I make a point to clean it up each morning before I begin a furious frenzy stamping session…. and this card was definitely inspired by that chaos.  It’s hard to imagine a card so soft and serene having birthed from chaos… but that is exactly where I found this color combination, in the midst of chaos!

There is of course, something to be said for chaos… particularly creative chaos.  When one creates, all boundaries are lifted and the ideas just flow like a fountain.  There are no restraints, re-do’s or rejects, just creative opportunities… and as you know I happen to LIKE creative opportunities!

This card will be one of my Leadership 2011 swaps… hope it’s good enough for all the creatively talented folks I’ll be meeting this year!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

6 comments:

nana_cindy42 said...

So lovely and elegant indeed!

Gail S. said...

Beautiful card! I LOVE the vintage look and I am so happy Stampin Up! has recently come up with so many stamps and elements for this style!

Ms said...

absolutely gorgeous.... could I have 1/100th of your creativity?....lol. I do love the soft look of this card and after seeing all your ideas, I'm gonna have to buy the rosette's. Thx for sharing your wonderful creativity.

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Love the colors and love that set!! Wish I was going to Leadership...someday maybe..

Beth said...

Sharon, wish I was going to leadership. I love this card.

Patrice H said...

A really beautiful card. I too love the vintage look. This card is soft and elegant looking.Nice color combination too.