Sunday, January 23, 2011

Valentine Spinner A First Edition Card

Counting down to Sale-A-Bration?  You’re one of many!  The big Stampin’ Up! Annual Free Stamp Event begins on Tuesday January 25th, in just a few days!  I’ve already begun taking pre-orders… be sure to give me a call and get your order in too!  There are plenty of free stamps available during sale-a-bration too!  Once limited to those on the pages of the mini catalog, we now have a huge selection of stamps from the Idea Book And Catalog too!  If you haven’t received your Sale-A-Bration Flyer, use the Contact Me tab at the top of the page to let me know… I’ll pop one in the mail to you!

Today’s share is a Valentine Spinner Card using the Occasions Mini Catalog Stamp Set “Take A Spin”.  I knew I had to own this set just as soon as I saw it… what a fun set for kids and adults alike!  Game Spinner Hands are lots of fun too… so now that special card becomes a fun toy and/or game!  Here, I’ve paired it with fabulous Red Glimmer Paper and First Edition Designer Paper for a really fun, classic card design.

120valentinespinnercbyu

Red/Vanilla and Black remind me of the old newspaper joke… what’s black and white and read all over?  Of course that would be First Edition LOL… the specialty designer paper if perfect for wrapping small gifts, making layered flowers, and vintage items.  But it seemed to work well on this card as well.   There are actually 6 double sided designs in the 24 sheet paper pack… my DD was quite pleased that one of them bore the letter K… which is of course, the first letter in HER name.

The background on this card was stamped with Wonderfully worn, adding just a touch of color and texture.  The Square Lattice Textured Embossing Folder is one of my ‘go to ‘ folders when using my big shot machine, and of course adding more texture to an otherwise flat card.

The Take a Spin Stamped image was punched with a 2.5” circle punch, a contrasting 3” Circle was cut using the Big Shot Machine and the Circles #2 Die… perfectly nesting the design!  LOL… the Red Glimmer paper was a small leftover bit from my Leadership 2011 red dress swap for SUDSOL… I love the shimmery paper, and knew I’d find an appropriate home for the scraps and bits left over!

Stamps, and Supplies used in today’s Valentine Spinner First Edition Card Share:

Stamps:  Take A Spin, Wonderfully Worn

Card Stock:  Real Red, Basic Black, Very Vanilla

Accessories:   Red Glimmer Paper, First Edition Designer Series Paper, Game Spinner Hands, Stampin Dimensionals, Big Shot Machine, Small Heart Punch, Square Lattice Textured Embossing Folder

Hope you enjoyed today’s Valentine Spinner Card!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Beautiful Sharon!

Teressa Thompson said...

I keep opening the comment spot in a new window and stupidly continue scrolling down your blog. Every time I come to the next post I'm going.. oh oh oh~ I love the paper you used on this card and the spinner thing is just adorable!