Saturday, January 8, 2011

Super Saturday Tutorial: Debutante Ball or Prom Invitation Gown Simple 123

When I first peeked and gaze at a new stamp… I turn it around on my stamp room table…every which way.  The Build A Blossom Stamp Set and coordinating Blossom Petals Punch were no exception… I’ve seen a ton of characters, items, and creative opportunities with this stamp set and punch, and today’s Super Saturday Tutorial is just one example  and/or possibility.  I was so excited by this beautiful ball gown, the first thing I made was a ball invitation… and then I made a debutante ball invite… and then a prom invitation… I think it would be lovely as a wedding rehearsal or black tie event invite as well.

If you happen to own the Build a Blossom Stamp Set, look closely at the images.. I see rabbit ears, fluffy rabbit tails, and even alien ears.  Cat ears, whiskers, and noses too.. the build a blossom stamp set is so very versatile, particularly if you are a paper piecing artist and/or aficionado.

Enthralled with the results, I used this particular tutorial for my Stampin’ Up! Leadership General Session Swap… I changed the card up, it’s very different from today’s Super Saturday Tutorial, and  I will share that card at a later date (creating an internet suspense moment?… I hope so!!)

Super Saturday Debutante Ball or Prom Gown Invitation Simple 123 Tutorial featuring the Stampin UP! Build A Blossom Stamp Set:

  • Stamps, Cardstock and Supplies:
  • Stamps:  Build A Blossom, Compliments to the Chef
  • Cardstock:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Regal Rose
  • Classic Ink:  Regal Rose
  • Accessories:  Tombow Multi Adhesive, Stampin’ Up Big Shot Machine by Sizzix, Perfect Polka Dots Textured Embossing Folder, paper snips, modern label punch, paper snips, SNAIL, 5/8” Basic Black Satin Ribbon, Post It Notes
  • Techniques:  Double Loop Bow , Big Shot Embossing, DTP

Here’s the subject/focus element of today’s Super Saturday Debutante Ball or Prom Invitation Gown:P6b_1000516

 

Take a peek at page 12 of the Occasions Mini Catalog from Stampin’ Up and you will see the images used in this pretty and elegant ball gown!  It reminds me of one I hand crafted, sewed and designed for  my daughter’s prom events!  LOL.. two years later, a similar design was available at J.C.Penney Store!! 

We were way ahead of our time… and she was so happy to have a one-of-a-kind unique prom gown.  Talk about a morale booster for a teen… belle of the ball had all new meaning!  Dazzling diamonds, glitter, organza, chiffon, and an amazing prom gown!  She still has that handmade gown stowed away in the back of her closet, a highly treasured possession.

If you haven’t already guessed how this gown was constructed, here, is today’s Super Saturday Tutorial for the Debutante Ball or Prom Invitation Gown!  Super Saturday Tutorials are always free… and can be revisited by book marking this blog… and re-visiting Created By You’s Tutorial Tab!

 

Step by Step Photo Tutorial:

  1. Align post it note perfectly parallel to at leas one edge of the cardstock.  In the next photo share, I’ve used 2” square post it notes and aligned with the top edge.
  2. Ink and Align the open petal image from the Build a Blossom Stampin’ Up set so that the very tip of the petal will stamp on the post it note.. and STAMP!!P21000509
  3. Remove the 2” post it note… and discard.  Post it notes are quite thin and absorb ink much better than you may anticipate!!  Using a second time will allow ink to bleed on your project… Not Nice!
  4. Ink up and stamp smaller leaf image from the Build A Blossom Stamp Set… I happened to notice that this image looked like the bodice of a dress when turned on an angle!  Turning on an angle is key to aligning the bodice with the lower half of the ball gown, it will connect the stamping lines!P4_1000512
  5. This is the image you will be left with… if you have inadvertently missed aligning the gown perfectly, simply use a coordinating Stampin’ Write marker and/or aqua painter to fill in the void… it’s that simple!P5_1000514
  6. In the card shown at the start of this blog Super Saturday Tutorial Post, the dress sparkled and glimmered… the additional shine was added by using the fine tip end of Tombow Multi-Adhesive to spread a thin layer of glue, and then drizzling with dazzling diamonds.. isn’t that fun?
  7. The double loop Bow Tutorial was used to add a diagonal slash and bow tie….

Hope you enjoyed today’s Super Saturday Tutorial!  I love reading your comments.. if you would like to order any of the products shown in today’s tutorial, please visit my Online Stampin up store or use the tab at the top of the page to Contact Me.

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

8 comments:

Madeline Morcelo said...

Wonderful idea from a wonderful demonstrator...is amazing how stamps can be used in so many different ways! Thanks for sharing this with us!

lisa808 said...

Sharon, may I have a little bit of that unbelievable, creative mind of yours?!?!? Love the stylish dress! tfs

Patrice H said...

Sharon, I often wondered how you saw things in stamps that others hadn't. Thanks for the "Hot Tip" about turning the stamp set around on your stamp table to be able to see different ideas/shapes/objects with it. This is a serious Ah Ha moment. I love the little ball gown card. You are so very clever.

ktstamps said...

You are so awesome....OMG! I am soooo glad I found you! Thank you for sharing! OMG! kt

Patti said...

What a terrific idea. I can never seem to think out of the box when looking at stamps. Great job.

Andrea said...

Thanks so much for sharing your creative genius with us - this is just brilliant, and gorgeous, too!

Carey said...

I love when people see things in a stamp. I am not that gifted but I sure can CASE. Thanks for sharing this great idea with us. I love your blog and really enjoy all the fun there is.

Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy

Anonymous said...

Sharon, I was fortunate enough to receive your swap card at leadership 2011 (sudsol swap)... the red dress with all the bling and glimmer.. it is very stunning! Thanks for this tutorial! You are so very creative, this is one of my very most favorite of all the leadership swaps I received!
Huge Hugs,
Connie