Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Step away from that Stamp… Another Bliss Card for Diva Coffee Break Designs Team!

LOL.. when I first received my Northern Flurry Textured Embossing Folder, I had so much fun with it… it seemed every card I made has that pretty snowflake embossed background on it… until one day my DD and one of my down-line staged and intervention and tried to steal my embossing folder!   I suspect that may just happen with the delightful Bliss Stamp Set!  The elegant motif is just so very versatile, and kind of like a welcoming pineapple!

With that thought in mind, I googled “pineapple and symbol” and came up with a LOT of information about the pineapple and it’s symbolism throughout Europe and Colonial America, a very interesting read if you’d like to check it out Click here: Pineapple.

Ahh… but you’re probably ready for the Diva Coffee Break Design Team Sketch, aren’t you?  When I first saw this sketch, I had absolutely NO clue what I would do with it!!  Then I was sharing some of the pretty prints and patterns from the Botanical Gazette Designer Series Paper with a friend and it came to me!

The Botanical Gazette DSP had a paper pattern that became the perfect background for the DCBD 211 sketch!

DCBD211

OK… lets see… border punch, two oval punches and a ribbon or divider across the middle.. hmm.   I had a scrap of paper on which I had already stamped the welcoming, almost pineapple motif onto a scrap of Very Vanilla Card stock.. so I started with that by punching it out with the Wide Oval Punch.. looked pretty cool… so I sponged the edges with a dauber and Early Espresso Classic Ink… and a card was born:

DCBD211_SharonField

With a  little detailing with an Early Espresso Marker, Glimmer Brads, and Victoria Lace Trim… I think it came out all right after all!  What do you think?

Join the Divas this week, and upload your sketch based creation to the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team Blog.  We’d love to see what you do with this sketch!

Today’s Tip for paper crafters from Created by You

  • Use a mat pack and paper piercing tool to perfectly position brads in corners of card stock and designer series paper.

Stamps and Supplies for today’s DCBD 211 Sketch Challenge Bliss Card

  • Stamps:  Bliss, Silhouette Sentiments
  • Card Stock:  Always Artichoke, Sahara Sand, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
  • Designer Series Paper:  Botanical Gazette
  • Punches: Wide Oval, and Small Oval Punch
  • Accessories:  Glimmer Brads, Stampin Write Marker, Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool

See you tomorrow with a Super Saturday Tutorial which I hope you’ll love!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

2 comments:

Patrice H said...

Your card and the challenge inspired me to create something fun. I really liked you color choice and you made this sketch look so easy. It took me all day lolol

Penny Hanuszak said...

Love your design and how you created it. It's a beautiful card. I also appreciate your tips Sharon. Very helpful! TFS