Monday, January 3, 2011

Sneak Peek and the Evolution of a CAS 5 Minute Club Card

This month’s card club meeting is going to be so much fun!!  We’re making three projects.. two Valentines Day Cards, and the card I am sharing today.  I always try to make our Club Cards extra special, sometimes they feature CAS (Clean and Simple) designs like today’s Card, while other designs will feature multiple layers, embellishments, and steps.

Inspired by yesterday’s Ribbon Rosette Vintage Bag, the same colors and many of the same stamp sets were used… all sneak peek products from the Occasions Mini and Sale-A-Bration Catalogs…  it was truly a creative play day for me… (and this mornings’ work day will begin with a major stamp room clean up!!)

Three separate cards were designed in the evolution of this club card… LOL… it doesn’t all suddenly appear in my head or at my fingertips… sometimes I have to experiment and build!

Stamps and Supplies for today’s CAS 5 minute Club Card Evolution:

  • Stamps:  Bliss, Natures Nest, Clearly For You
  • Cardstock:  Very Vanilla, Marina Mist (sample three only)
  • Classic Ink:  Marina Mist, Old Olive, Pacific Point
  • Accessories used on each CAS 5 minute card:  Sponge Dauber, Marina Mist Stampin Write Marker
  • Additional Accessories used on Club Card Three:  Old Olive Taffeta Ribbon, Basic Jewel Pearls, 3/4” x 15/16” Medium Oval Punch, Stampin Dimensionals, mini glue Dots

Here is the first rendition of the CAS 5 Minute Club Card…. Clean and Simple, and One Layer TOO!

P1000496Heart1

Look closely at the sample above… do you see the outline of a heart?  

That heart was indeed a true Creative Opportunity… it wasn’t planned, it just happened!  After aligning the cardstock with Grid Paper, the side/center motifs from the Bliss stamp set were stamped first, and then the same image was inked and stamped above and below the side/center motifs. 

The top and bottom edges looked blank and unadorned, so I centered, inked and stamped the same Bliss motif along top and bottom edges as well.

Well, I wasn’t planning on making another Valentines Day Card… but karma gave me a heart LOL… so I stamped something in it… here’s the next rendition… another CAS 5 minute and one layer card design:

P1000503Amour

LOL… if you didn’t see the heart before, I’m sure you do now!!

The blooms on the flowers were inked with the fine tip end of a stampin’ write marker, as they were on yesterday’s Ribbon Rosette Vintage Bag.

These two CAS 5 minute cards are great… for workshops, for a quick card, for make-n-takes… but I knew my Card Club members would want a bit more… they really like embellishments and at least one layer on their cards!  So… back to the drawing board, here is the THIRD card I made using the same stamps, ink, etc.:

P1000506ClubCard

All the same elements… and still a CAS 5 minute card, but it’s been stepped up a notch.

Which card do you prefer, and why?  I’d sure like to know! 

Hope my club members like this card… there are lots of stamping steps, but not too many layers… in contrast with the other two cards they will be making!!  If you’d like to join us for the club and lunch meeting on Wednesday, please Contact Me for details and to RSVP!

See you tomorrow with a really fun card for the Utah Divas International Sketch Challenge!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

4 comments:

Annette said...

Just beautiful Sharon. As I scrolled down, my favourite was the first one - very CAS. Then when I saw the layered version, I had to think again. Still can't decide which of these two I like best. Clever design with the heart.

lisa808 said...

Love the heart! I like the version with Amour. It looks pretty stamped inside the heart and is the perfect sentiment for the card. The first version has a little too much white space and the ribbon takes away from the heart in the third version.

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

The very first thing I saw was the heart.....how kewl!! Love it when those wonderful accidents happen. Great cards, love them all.

Ret said...

Wow! Simply GORGEOUS!!!