Monday, January 17, 2011

The Red Dress Bold Blossom Card

This card was inspired by a prom gown I made for my DD a while back.  Both card and gown feature a lot of glitter, bling and shine.  To achieve that same effect on a normally flat surface, I used two fun techniques, tutorials for both can be found on the tutorials tab at the top of this page.

Kimberly Morris’ Shimmer your Ink Pad Technique was used to stamp the glimmer red gown, and making the gown was easy using post it notes and acrylic blocks in the tutorial found HERE.

Today it’s a very quick post… I know you can tell which stamps and supplies I’ve used in this card because they are all featured in the tutorials referenced above!

I hope you like the card, it was the last of my leaderhship 2011 swaps!  LOL, after aligning and stamping all the cards for leadership, it dawned on me that I could just as easily have punched them out!!  You don’t need a tutorial for that!!

1aldrshipsudsolreddressswap1Shimmer and glimmer is always so difficult to photograph!  See the Red Glitter paper on the card?  Leadership attendees were each given a package during the prize giveaways… isn’t it fun?  Here’s another view of the card… although I couldn’t capture the glimmer on the dress!

1bldrshipreddressswapsudsol2See you tomorrow with another design team challenge card!  I’ll be back in Jacksonville by then (weather and climate permitting!).  I’ve really enjoyed my trip to Nashville, Tennessee and looking forward to my next class as well!  Hopefully things will be back to normal next week… after the laundry is done!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

2 comments:

lisa808 said...

Stunning card! Safe return.

Patrice H said...

Yep I really like both of those tutorials. I learned something new again. I had forgotten about adding the shimmer mist to the ink pad.Glad I stopped by and really Glad you had fun at Leadership. Laundry (Yuck)