Thursday, January 27, 2011

Recycle, Repurpose and Re-Use… A Special Card

Today I’m sharing a beautiful element which I recycled, repurposed, and re-used  from a gift I recently received from Wendy Randall at the Stampin’ Up! 2011 Leadership conference. 

The beautiful hand-cut and punched focal image on this card was actually a gift tag wrapped around a stunningly beautiful Pashmina Shawl which Wendy brought back from overseas.  Of course, I loved the shawl… but I couldn’t fathom wasting such a beautiful element as the tag which was gracefully wrapped around the shawl.

In the photo below, Wendy’s tag is featured as everything attached ABOVE the top note die cut.  I loved the colors, distressing, and punches… and was flattered that she would take the time to create such a lovely tag to adorn the lovely scarf!

2tag_Card_recycle

 

So… I had to preserve it.  Perhaps a scrapbook page would have been most appropriate… but then again, I may scrapbook the card LOL!  Isn’t it lovely?

To showcase the lovely tag, I attached it to an Always Artichoke Top Note Die Cut with my Big Shot Machine.  A little Chantilly Lace Crochet trim and cherry cobbler seam binding was secured with an antique grad and attached to the corner with a stampin’ dimensional.

 

En Francais, stamped with Soft Suede Classic Ink on Very Vanilla Cardstock seemed to be the perfect setting for the beautiful tag… telling the story of travel, foreign lands, and more.  Aged and distressed with a sponge dauber, it paired well with the pretty little tag.

Recycle and re-use those precious gifts you receive from others.. whether it is a piece of card art, and ATC, or scrapbook page… It’s all art after all!  Stop by Wendy’s creative blog… tell her I said Hi.  I’m sure she’ll be pleasantly surprised!

I know I’m going to enjoy my genuine Pashmina Shawl for years to come!  Thanks, Wendy!

Stamps and Supplies used for today’s Recycled, Repurposed and Re-used card share:

  • Stamps:  Notably Ornate, En Francais
  • Card Stock:  Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Old Olive
  • Big Shot Machine and Accessories:  Vintage Wallpaper Textured Embossing Folder, Top Note Die, Fun Flowers Die
  • Classic Ink:  Soft Suede, Old Olive, Early Espresso
  • Accessories:  Extra Large Flower Punch, 5 Petal Flower Punch, Vanilla Rosettes, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding, Chantilly Lace Crochet Trim, Antique Brads, Sponge Daubers, Basic Jewel Pearls

See you tomorrow with a really fun card for the Sketch Frenzy Friday Design Team… hope you’ll join us and play along!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

3 comments:

lisa808 said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Fran Bosse said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous,Sharon!!! I love it!

Patrice H said...

You are right!! That is a beautiful Tag and so very nice of you to put it in a card (Scrapbook :) Nice gift too. I love shawls, but that one is special. The color combination is fantastic too.