My friend Tee from Green Isles Crafts shared a wonderful site and happening with me yesterday. The fifth annual One World, One Heart event has united bloggers, Mom’s and business people world wide, something like a mega blog hop for the last 5 years!
Today I am sharing a free tutorial for a squash album (shown in the photo below) and a blog candy give-away!! (Details for the international blog candy give away can be found at the bottom of this post.)
Here’s a photo of the inside of the album…featuring pockets, pull outs and photo mounts.
We all share so many things… as bloggers, as Moms, and perhaps like myself, as a small business owner. Why not celebrate with like minds and souls throughout the world?
If you don’t already know me, I’m a daily blogger, SAHM, and Stampin Up demonstrator. I create from my heart and acquire inspiration from a very cluttered but creative space which I call my Stamp Room.
I almost joined stampin’ up over 20 years ago… I was so impressed by their products and ease of use! I waited until just 6 years ago to join after quitting my position as a software analyst to deal with personal and very pressing family issues.
Since that time, I have worked very slowly to build my business through volunteering, and my online (blog) presence. Last year, a very good friend told me I should use my creative talents and abilities in a bit different way… and I began offering free weekly tutorials which I now refer to as Super Saturday Tutorials!
With that said, I interrupt my regularly scheduled blog post to present an out of context but relevant tutorial in honor of the One World, One Heart Event. I hope you enjoy it!
Stamps and Supplies needed for today’s Squash Album Tutorial:
- Stamps: Bliss
- Paper: 12” x 12” Card stock, one sheet each: Marina Mist, Very Vanilla, and Certainly Celery; Springtime Vintage Designer Series Paper(2 coordinating sheets)
- Classic Ink: Marina Mist
- Accessories: (3 feet)5/8” Satin Ribbon in Marina Mist, On Board Chipboard Sheets, Big Shot Machine, Vintage Wallpaper Textured Embossing Folder, Basic Jewels Rhinestones and Pearls, Tombow Multi Purpose Adhesive, Bone Folder, Paper Daisies, Marina Mist Stampin’ Write Marker, Extra Large Bird and Branch Punch, Victoria Crochet Trim, Basic Stapler, Extra Large Heart Punch, Clear Embossing Powder, sponge dauber, Sanding Tool, Bone Folder, Snail Adhesive
Step by Step Tutorial for today’s Squash Album:
- Cut two cover pieces from On Board Chipboard, measuring 5.5” square.
- Use Sanding Block to gently round corners of chipboard.
- Cut two 5 3/4” Squares of Designer Series Paper to cover chipboard.
- Attach the Designer Series Paper to On Board Chipboard using liquid adhesive, set aside to dry.
- Use bone folder to gently crease all four sides of DSP around the chipboard. Fold in corners, and crease
- edges along corner with bone folder as well. This will make it easier to create very neatly glued corners.
- Fold down edges, and glue in place with liquid adhesive.
- Run a strip of Snail (double sided adhesive) along the center horizontal position of the chipboard, and place Satin ribbon on top of the adhesive. In my sample, the ribbon straddled along the 2.5” mark.
- Cut all three Card Stock pieces (Marina Mist, Certainly Celery, and Very Vanilla) to 9.5” squares.
- Score each square of card stock at 4.75” both horizontally and vertically, and along ONE diagonal. Use bone folder to crease scored lines.
- Fold diagonally scored lines toward center of Card Stock Piece, and horizontally scored lines away from the center. Your card stock sections will look like this:
- Position card stock pieces so that they inter-lock so that two end section have the openings up, and one center section has the opening down.
- One square section of each piece will overlap. Glue the overlapping square sections in place.
- Flatten the entire conglomeration, and glue the bottom square to the back cover (the one with ribbon on it).
- Next, position and glue the cover in place. Wrap bow around and tie to close.
All you have left to do is decorate your squash album pages! At the top of this post, I showed you the entire album complete with pocket pages, photo mounts and pull out tags. Here are close ups of each section:
(above…) The first section… in Certainly Celery Card Stock.
The center Very Vanilla Section of the Squash Album… and
The very last page/section of the album.. in Marina Mist Card Stock.. you can see the ribbon glued between the back cover and the last page.
I hope you enjoyed today’s one world, one heart tutorial feature for a squash album. And now, guess what? I have a blog candy give-away in honor of this very special event! I’m giving away this album to one lucky person!
So… how do you win this album? Simply leave a comment on today’s post. Be sure to include your contact information.
To inhibit spammers, use the format suzyq(at)gmail(dot)com. I’ll have a random.org drawing on Thursday February 17th to announce the winner of the squash album, and then contact you at your given email address.
THIS CONTEST IS OPEN INTERNATIONALLY TO ALL WHO COMMENT… if you would like to win this album, simply leave a comment as described above (along with your contact information).
I look forward to getting to know you better, and hope you’ll enjoy future free tutorials from Created By You!