Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Long Fellows CAS Diva Coffee Break Design Team Sketch Challenge Card

When I first gazed at this week’s Diva Coffee Break Design Team Sketch Challenge, the Long Fellows Stamp Set immediately came to mind!  It also reminded me of something one of my ‘adopted’ down-line said a few weeks ago, so I had to laugh as I quickly put this simple sketch based card together this week with the help of the Cute and Curly Stamp Set, and Build A Bear Designer Series Paper for a fresh and fun, crisp, clean and simple (CAS) Masculine 5 minute card! 

Here's’ the design team challenge sketch for DCBD 209:

DCBD209

 

As stated, I really wanted to use the whale image from the Long Fellows Hostess Level 2 Stamp Set, and the “happy birthday” sentiment from the Cute and Curly Stamp Set… so I made a few tweaks of the dimensions to this sketch based challenge in order to accommodate my chosen stamps, cardstock, papers and ink!  It’s a masculine card and great for a little boy!

DCBD209_SharonField

Isn’t it fun?  I love the plaids, stripes and patterns of the Build a Bear Designer Series Papers… I was scanning the Idea Book and Catalog for something different, crisp and fun… and spotted it.  I had initially overlooked the paper because of the name… I have one Stampin’ Up! Special Edition Build A Bear from convention, but that’s my entire collection!

Wouldn’t this make a fabulous birthday card for a little boy?  The cardstock colors, Marina Mist, Whisper White, and Real Red compliment the Build A Bear Designer Paper Plaid, don’t you think?  I’m not sure why the 1/8” taffeta real red ribbon showed up so dark in the photo… always a dilemma!

Stamps and Supplies used in today’s Diva Coffee Break Designs Team Sketch Challenge Card:

  • Stamps:  Cute & Curly, Long Fellows
  • Cardstock:  Marina Mist, Whisper White
  • Classic Ink:  Basic Gray, Marina Mist
  • Big Shot Machine and Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
  • Accessories:  Stampin Write Markers (Marina Mist, Real Red), 5/8” Jumbo Brads, Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Build A Bear Designer Series Paper, Real Red 1/8” Taffeta Ribbon, Aqua Painter, stampin dimensionals

Hope you’ll visit the Diva Coffee Break Designs team blog to see all the beautiful samples the team has put together.. and if you have time in your busy schedule, maybe play along with the team too!

Bet you’re wondering just what my adopted down-line said about this stamp set… I had to save it until the end LOL!  While visiting my stamp room last week, she saw the stamp set sitting on my table.  Picking it up, she said “I just HAD to have this stamp set when the new catalog came out last summer, but don’t have a clue what to do with it”…  I think she’ll have a clue now, what do you think?

All my kids are grown… and have very busy professional lives at this point… so I really have no use for this card other than show and tell Smile   So… I’m giving it away!  If you have someone special whom you’d like to receive this card, please leave a comment and your contact email information in the comment section at the end of this post!

Just a note:  when leaving contact info in comments on blogs, use the format suzyq(at)bellsouth(dot)net for your security.  You can also leave a comment and then contact me with your email info if you’d prefer.  I’ll draw comment number with random.org on Thursday December 23rd to announce the winner and email you for the preferred mailing address.

Have a wonderful day!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

2 comments:

Susan Carlson said...

That is a really cute card : ) I do not have that stamp set. Maybe I'll earn it some day because it is adorable. So is that dsp!

I appreciate all the time you take into creating your artwork and in writing your blog.

Thanks for the chance to win!

carlson_susan at hotmail dot com

Teressa Thompson said...

Love it Sharon! You always mix in some great patterns and things!