Thursday, January 20, 2011

Create A Cupcake CAS Birthday Card

I’m recovering from the Flu… and last night suddenly realized I hadn’t done my Creative Sketches Design Team Card this week!  Yikes!  I literally threw this card together using scraps on my Stamping Room table in about 10 minutes… and that’s including design time!  The theme of this weeks’ sketch was punches.  I had intentions of making some mystically creative card using punches… but that didn’t happen LOL! 

Returning home from the Stampin’ Up! Leadership Conference in Nashville, TN was a bit of a challenge… luckily, my DD was able to drive us home… I could barely keep my eyes open!  On Tuesday evening I slept a whopping 12 hours and then went back to bed for yet another 6 hours of sleep!  It was a fun conference filled with lots of friends, fun, and busy, busy times!

In between un-packing, sleeping, and prepping for upcoming classes yesterday, I did find time to clean out my wildly overflowing email inboxes!  One email I received was quite a pleasant and unexpected surprise… I won Shelli Gardner’s Creative Technique Challenge Contest on her So Shelli Creative Challenge Blog, which equates to yet another free stamp set from Stampin’ Up!

Stampin’ Up! has been very generous with both discounts and freebies for demos… in the last 30 days, I’ve earned, won, or been given SIX free stamp sets which I’m looking forward to creating new cards with!

Here’s my card for this week’s Creative Sketches Technique Challenge:

CS16_sharonField

Stamps and Supplies used in today’s Creative Sketches Technique Challenge:

  • Stamps:  Curly Cute, Create a Cupcake
  • Card Stock:  Not Quite Navy, Real Red, Whisper White
  • Classic Ink:  Blushing Bride, Real Red, Not Quite Navy
  • Punches:  Build a Cupcake Punch, Dotted scalloped ribbon Border Punch
  • Accessories:  Build A Bear Designer Series Paper, Brads, 5/8” Taffeta Ribbon,Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Stampin’ Dimensionals

Hope you’ll play along with the design team this week… we always look forward to seeing your creative ideas and talented contributions!  To play along, all you need to do is upload a card, project or scrapbook page to SplitcoastStampers, Photobucket, Flickr etc… and then visit the Creative Sketches Design Team Blog to add your creation!

I’m hoping I’ll shake this flu soon!  Stay warm and healthy… being sick really stinks!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

5 comments:

Tami Black said...

Great card! Love the bold colors and your cupcake is darling. The entire card makes me smile!

lisa808 said...

Congratulations on your win and hope you are feeling better.

Rhonda said...

Wow! That was some 10 minutes! Absolutely adorable!!!

Beth said...

Sharon,
Sorry you feel under the weather but your card is great for just throwing it together...congrats on all your free stamps too...

Penny Hanuszak said...

Great card layout and color combo. It's a bright and cheery card .... love it! TFS.