Botanical Gardens DSP, Bliss, and Framed Tulips Textured Embossing Folder.. all combined in fanciful fun for this week’s Utah Divas International Design Team Color Challenge! A Colorful Spring T-shirt served as this week’s Color Challenge inspiration, featuring Marina Mist, Pear Pizzazz, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla cardstock and/or ink.
Stamps and Supplies used in today’s UDI 16 Color Challenge Vintage Sneak Peek Card
- Stamps: Bliss
- Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Marina Mist, Very Vanilla
- Designer Series Paper: Botanical Gardens
- Classic Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pear Pizzazz
- Big Shot Machine and Framed Tulips Textured Embossing Folder (TEF)
- Accessories: Neutrals buttons, linen thread, mini library clips, mat pack, paper piercing tool, open scallop border punch, mini glue dots, stampin’ dimensionals, designer label punch, cutter kit, paper snips
All the Details:
- The Botanical Gardens Designer Series Paper was stamped along the right edge repeatedly with the flourish motif from the Bliss (Sale-a-Bration) Stamp Set.
- DSP and Cardstock edges were distressed using the Cutter Kit (page 199 Idea Book & Catalog)
- Layered Chocolate Chip Cardstock and stamped/distressed DSP.
- Punched scraps of Marina Mist cardstock with the Open Scallop Border punch and attached to DSP.
- Added two strips of cutter kit distressed DSP along open scallop punched borders.
- Used mat pack and paper piercing tool to add paper piercing along the edges of the narrow DSP strips.
- Attached assembled layers to card base.
- Marina Mist Center Motif was embossed using the Big Shot Machine and Framed Tulips Textured Embossing Folder (view Framed Tulips Embossing Tutorial HERE).
- Attached embossed Marina Mist to Chocolate Chip Cardstock.
- Stamped three tiny bird images from Bliss stamp set onto narrow piece of very vanilla cardstock, and attached to Framed Tulip TEF Embossed cardstock.
- Attached a mini library clip to the upper left corner and then popped up the bird/MM/CC onto DSP at an angle.
- Tied Neutrals Button with linen thread and a bow before attaching to angled piece with a couple mini glue dots.
- Bliss stamped on a scrap of cardstock and punched with the Designer Series Label Punch.
- Shortened each end of the punched cardstock appx. 1/16” using paper snips.
- Two scraps of Marina Mist Cardstock were punched using the Designer Series Label Punch and layered in a nesting fashion directly behind the shortened Bliss Punch.
- Attached to card with stampin’ dimensionals.
- Tied double loop bow with linen thread and attached to card with mini glue dots.
LOL… looks like a lot of steps, but with the exception of timely paper piercing, it all came together quite quickly!
Today marks the beginning of the Occasions Mini Catalog Ordering Period!!! Have you received your catalog yet? If not please Contact Me, I’ll be happy to send one to you!
Come play along with the UDI Color Challenge Team this week, we’d love to see your paper craft creations!