Friday, January 14, 2011

Bliss & Clearly For You Card for Sketch Frenzy Friday

This week’s Sketch Frenzy Friday Design Team Sketch was designed by Design Team member Melinda Couden.  At first I was a little stumped by the sketch, and really not sure what to do with it… all I could think of was flowers! 

Here’s Melinda’s CAS (Clean and Simple) sketch:

SFF011411

After a bit of tinkering in my Nashville, Tn. hotel room… this is the card that my DD and I came up with… a cooperative effort for this week’s sketch.

Bliss_SFF_Jan2011

The Very Vanilla Card Base was stamped with the Wonderfully Worn large format background stamp.  Sahara Sand Background was stamped with En Francais. 

Staggering the 4 rectangular stamped background pieces from the Clearly For You Stamp Set added a little interest… and I think the Metallic Brads helped define the steps a bit.

Small flowers from the Bliss stamp set were stamped onto Very Vanilla Card Stock, with Not Quite Navy Classic Ink, fussy cut with paper snips, and each flower was attached with a Stampin’ Dimensional to the stamped rectangles.

Still got those flowers and four focal images into the sketch… but changed it up a bit. 

I’d love to see what you do with today’s Sketch Frenzy Friday Design Team Sketch too!  Simply upload your sketch based card to an online gallery (Flickr, Photobucket, Splitcoaststampers, etc.) or your personal blog and then visit the Sketch Frenzy Friday Design Team blog to upload your creation with the linky tool. 

Next stop on the sketch frenzy Friday design team mini blog hop is Tammy Baldwin.  Give her a shout for me!

See you tomorrow for another free Super Saturday Tutorial!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

16 comments:

Ret said...

wow! wow! WOW! sooooooo BEAUTIFUL!
Your love for what you do sure shows! Very pretty!

gale.sewell said...

This is really a beautiful card. Thank you for sharing.
Gale

Amy said...

This is gorgeous!

Cassandra said...

Did I read that right, you created this amazing thing in a HOTEL ROOM? Its wonderful, thanks so much for sharing! Can't wait to hear about leadership and see pictures.

Melinda said...

your take on the sketch is awesome! An incredibly beautiful card! LOVE IT!

Deb said...

Beautiful! I love what you did with the sketch! Have a super time at Leadership!

lisa808 said...

Sharon, love your take on the sketch!

Kimberly S. said...

Ooooo....I LOVE this card!!! It's VERY pretty!! Great collaborative effort by all!!

Shari Winterstein said...

Great results from your tinkering! :) Thanks for blessing my day and have fun at Leadership. :))))))

Patrice H said...

OK, your plan worked I'm inspired!!! This is a beautiful card! I agree "Wow"

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

this is gorgeous Sharon! Love the layout, colors, everything!

inkedx2 said...

This is absolutely fabulous! What a great way to make the sketch your own.

Robbie

Lori Schwindt said...

This is sooo beautiful, I love it!

Lori Schwindt said...

This is sooo beauttiful, I love it!

Sunflower Stamper said...

Great card Sharon! Very creative use of the sketch-love it!!

Tammy Fite said...

Gorgeous card, and such a creative way to use the sketch!! I want to be you when I grow up!!