Monday, December 20, 2010

Valentine Card New Product Sneak Peek and Guest Stamper Too!

With Christmas just 5 days away, I thought you would enjoy a little break from all the holiday hustle and bustle… I’ve got all my gifts wrapped and ready, and my customer gift orders wrapped and ready to go too!  All that’s really left to do is make all those yummy cookies, Chocolate Kahlua Cheesecake, and a few special Christmas appetizers… So today I’m taking a break and sharing a special card from Guest Stamper Robbie Rubala of Inkedx2, and a Valentine Card I’ve made featuring new products from the Occasions Mini Catalog.

I’m having so much fun with my new Occasions Mini Catalog pre-order merchandise!  The Valentine Defined Stamp Set and Framed Tulips Textured Embossing Folder have been a lot of fun!  I’ve got tons of card ideas floating around my head based on this very versatile stamp set too… It’s truly got the makings of a fabulous kit by mail and/or stamp camp… are you interested  use the Contact Me tab at the top of the page or simply leave me a comment!  Here’s my card:

CS12Holiday_SharonField

If you look closely at the far right edge of the valentine card sample, you can see that the bleeding hearts (Dicentra Spectrabilis) Plant actually travels outside the 1-1/4” punched square… I actually cut the tiny heart out, and added it back onto the stamped plant image, just for fun.  Also, just for fun… Click HERE if you’d like to see an actual “REAL” Bleeding Hearts Plant!

The Framed Tulips Textured Embossing Folder is actually the same size as a standard A2 Card front…. but in today’s card, I’ve double embossed it to frame out my film strip of Valentine images.  A Whisper White Craft Ink Pad and sponge dauber were used to add a touch of color to the raised, embossed detail of the card, and a Double Loop Bow attached with mini glue dots to finish it off… isn’t it fun?

I received this pretty card in the mail as a RAK from fellow Sketch Frenzy Friday design team member  Robbie Rubala this week.  I love the colors and watermark stamping on the card… and the glimmer brads are pretty cool too!  Robbie’s card uses stamp images from the Just Believe Stamp Set.  Be sure to check out her blog Inkedx2 and leave her a sweet comment!

RAK_RobieRubala12_10Stamps and Supplies used for today’s Occasions Mini Catalog Valentine Sneak Peek Card:

  • Stamps:  Valentine Defined, Teeny Tiny Wishes
  • Cardstock:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Melon Mambo
  • Classic Ink:  Melon Mambo, Whisper White
  • Craft Ink:  Whisper White
  • Punches:  Spiral Punch, 1-1/4” Square Punch
  • Big Shot Machine and Framed Tulips Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
  • Accessories:  5/8” Basic Black Satin Ribbon, sponge dauber, mini glue dots, paper snips, and basic jewels Pearls

Stamps and Supplies used for Robbie Rubala’s Just Believe RAK Card:

  • Stamps:  Just Believe
  • Cardstock:  Pear Pizzaz, Peach Parfait, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White
  • Ink:  Versamark
  • Accessories:  1-1/4” Square Punch, 1’3/8” Square Punch, glimmer brads, Stampin’ Write Markers, Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon

See you tomorrow with another fabulous challenge from the design team at Utah Divas International I hope you’ll join us in the creative color challenges this week… if not, just sit back and enjoy the art!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

1 comment:

Joyce Spear said...

Beautiful card! I wasn't attracted to the Valentine Defined set -- until now! Now I see so many possibilities!

I'm having a really hard time wrapping my head around the "double embossing" thing you did to make the frame smaller. Any chance you could 'splain it in little words for this challenged reader? :)