Monday, December 27, 2010

Tiny Teacups CAS 5 minute Card Design

Did you make it through the Christmas holiday in tact?  It sure is a busy time of year!  The week between Christmas and New Years is often a downtime week in our household… everyone sits back, takes a break, and relaxes.  I do, of course continue to find time to stamp and prepare for upcoming classes, Senior stamping sessions, brayer and techniques classes and other events!

Yesterday was very windy and cold here in North Florida… we even heard reports of snow flurries 1/2 hour from where I live!  It was the perfect day for a big pot of home-made Beef Vegetable Soup… served with hot Alexia Garlic Bread.  The hours I spent in the kitchen were well worth the time and effort, it was a very yummy dinner with no leftovers to spare!

Today’s card share is a 5 minute clean and simple (CAS) stamped design featuring the Tiny Teacup stamp set from the Idea Book and Catalog (page20).  Tiny Teacup is a single stamp image of the polka dotted teacup under which is printed the word ‘hello’.  As you can see in the sample below, I’ve stamped teacup and words separately in Pear Pizzazz and Real Red Classic Ink.

The teacup images were punched with the 1-1/4” extra large square punch, and mounted on off-set 1-3/8” extra large square punches in Pear Pizzazz and Real Red Cardstock.  Of course, you could simply cut and stamp the pieces if you didn’t happen to own the extra large punches.  The mounting is offset or twisted… a technique I often use for my senior stamping classes… very quick and easy to assemble, and everyone is pleased with the results.  The center Teacup is popped up with stampin’ dimensionals, while the others are glued DTP.

tinyteacupsmonday

A crop-a-dile tool was used to punch a hole along the edge of the lower left side of the card and, before cutting the ribbon from the roll, it was threaded through the punched hole and tied… wastes much less ribbon if you tie before cutting!

It’s such a quick and easy card to make, supplies are minimal and it’s perfect for dropping a line to someone you may not heard from during the holidays too!

Stamps, Cardstock and Ink used in today’s Tiny Teacup CAS 5 minute card:

  • Stamps:  Tiny Teacup
  • Cardstock:  Whisper White, Real Red, Pear Pizzazz
  • Classic Ink:  Pear Pizzazz, Real Red
  • Accessories:  Build A Bear Designer Series Paper, 5/8” Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Crop-A-Dile Tool, 1-1/4” and 1-3/8” Extra Large Punches, Stampin’ Dimensionals

I’ve got a really fun card for tomorrow’s Utah Divas International Design Team Color Challenge… I really think you’re going to like it! 

Stay warm and healthy!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

4 comments:

nana_cindy42 said...

Cool card! I really like the design and colors! As for the weather, I think aliens abducted me and dropped me off up north somewhere! Brrrrr.... But despite how cold it is in Atlantic Bch I'm glad I'm not back in NH right now!!!

lisa808 said...

So cute with the off-side squares.

Crystal said...

Oh, I love this! What a fun, cheery card! tfs

PS - Followed you here via SC blog thread! :)

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Very cute... easy to make.. I hope..:)