Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thank You Card another Classic in Black and Vanilla DCBD Challenge

It’s Tuesday, and time for another challenge from the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team!  This week’s we’ve got a layout / sketch challenge!  It’s a very simple sketch, with a few fun layers as well!

Here’s the sketch for today’s challenge card:

dcbd205sm

 

Sometimes the simplest sketches can really throw me for a loop!  I have to tell you I really struggled with this one!  Finally, I reached for my favorite card making colors and turned the sketch 90 degrees for a landscape orientation.  Back to my classic staple colors a clean and simple card (CAS) in Basic Black, Very Vanilla, and Love Letter Designer Series Paper! 

DCBD205_Sharon_Field

About today’s DCBD 5 minute card:

I love the herringbone pattern on this paper but have found it kind of busy and therefore a little difficult to use on a card.   Today’s sketch allowed me to break it up a bit and maybe do it justice.. have you been using this pattern on your cards and scrapbook pages?  Just wondering! 

This card went together very quickly in 5 minutes or less.  I think I took longer trying to decide if I would die the edges of basic black narrow taffeta ribbon or use the very vanilla taffeta LOL!  The Basic Black Taffeta has a white edge along each side and I just can’t put that white edge on vanilla cardstock… a personal thing… So, often I will use a sponge dauber and river rock or crumb cake classic ink to color the edges.

The floral heart image is from the Punch Potpourri Level 1 Hostess Stamp Set.  I used the fine tip ends of pretty in pink and certainly celery markers to gently color the flowers on the heart.  Although the heart perfectly matches the Stampin’ Up! Heart Punch, I chose to stamp DTP before coloring in the flowers.

LOVE my mat pack and paper piercing tool… it is really my go to tool in my stamp room Smile The brads on this card were placed by piercing every third hole in the tiny grid of the mat pack… kind of a buttoned up boot effect.

Stamps and Supplies used in today’s DCBD 205 Challenge Card:

  • Stamps:  Thank You Kindly, Punch Potpourri
  • Cardstock:  Basic Black and Very Vanilla
  • Designer Series Paper:  Love Letters
  • Classic Ink:  Basic Black
  • Accessories:  Very Vanilla 1/8” Taffeta Ribbon, Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Basic Black Brads, Stampin Write Markers (Certainly Celery and Pretty in Pink)

Tomorrow I’ll be announcing the winners of my Cyber Monday Give Away!  I already know the winners’ names… be sure to check back to see if yours is listed here on Created By You!

Hugs,

Sharon

 

Pin It!

3 comments:

Creative Art By Barb said...

VERY nice... I like the black & white but your black & very vanilla is elegant too.
TFS,
Barb S (FL)

lisa808 said...

The herringbone paper does not look too busy on your card. Love the way you added the three brads along the heart.

nana_cindy42 said...

Very nice card! Even tho I'm not that fond of so much black on greeting cards I do like this a lot. I esp like the beautifully colored dainty flowers and the accent of the black brads.