Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Stamp and Color Challenge #13 from The UDI Design Team

 

This weeks’ UDI Color Challenge is appropriately Christmas Colors.  More Mustard, Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green and Real Red!  Just looking at the inspiration photo, I can feel the festivities of Christmas and the Holiday Season and want to sing a fresh round of Jingle Bells!  So gather your cardstock and stamps, and join the Utah Divas International Design Team this week as we step up to the Christmas Color Challenge!

UDI_13

All the colors look fabulous in the inspiration photo above… but when I sat down with my 4 pieces of color inspiration cardstock, I have to admit I was stumped!  Cherry Cobbler, More Mustard and Garden Green… no problem, but Real Red on top of that?  YIKES!! 

Luckily, my creative DD walked into my stamp room at just the right moment and with one look knew I was puzzled… She asked what had me stumped and I told her it was the Real Red cardstock… I could do the colors with one red, well either red.. but BOTH?  Gretchen Barron… what were you thinking??  Well, as usual, my clever creative DD came up with a plausible solution without even blinking!

She said:   “Can’t you just use Cherry Cobbler Classic Ink to stamp on the Real Red Cardstock?”

And I said:  “Well,  duh!!  ” and then added “Thanks!”

It’s just that simple!  My customers and down-line often bring me their projects that in some way “just aren’t right”.  It's usually quite simple to suggest a solution when gazing on a project with an alternative set of eyes Smile

So.. here’s my card for the UDI Color Challenge #13… hope you like it!

 

UDI#13_SharonField

Did you happen to see last week’s Super Saturday Tutorial:  Tie a Double Loop Bow on Your Fingers?  That is how I tied/created the bow on this card… quick and simple, easy to master and yes, no special equipment needed, and on your own fingers!  After tying the elegant Double Loop Bow, it was attached to the card with three mini glue dots.  I like to use three mini glue dots, two placed off the knot… to ensure the ribbon does not become un-tied.

The Real Red Cardstock was stamped with Cherry Cobbler Classic Ink and the Bella Toile large format background stamp (great idea DD, right?)  The holly image was stamped with Garden Green Classic Ink, and then colored in using an Aqua-Painter and Stampin’ Write Markers in Garden Green, Real Red, and Cherry Cobbler, I added more detail and lines to the leaves and berries with the markers.

 

LOVE the mini library clips.. they can add so much to a card without a lot of bulk… color was added to the Merry Christmas greeting with finger tip Sponge Daubers, and then attached to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.

 

Hope you like today’s card share!

Stamps and Supplies used for today's UDI #13 Card Share:

Stamps: 

  • Bells & Boughs (#121142 Clear or #120831 Wood)
  • Bella Toile #111598 – Wood Only

Classic Ink: 

  • Garden Green #102272
  • Cherry Cobbler #119669

Cardstock: 

  • Real Red #102482
  • Garden Green #102585
  • More Mustard #100946

Accessories:

  • Mini Library Clips #109857
  • Aqua Painters #103954
  • Stampin’ Dimensionals #104430
  • Mini Glue Dots #103683
  • Stampin’ Write Markers
    • Real Red #100052
    • Cherry Cobbler #119681
    • Garden Green #100080
    • Buy the 38 Marker Set:  #119806
  • Sponge Daubers #102892
  • Regals Brads #119737
  • Mat Pack #105826
  • Paper Piercing Tool #116631
  • Real Red 5/8” Satin Ribbon #117286
  • Scallop Oval Extra-Large Punch #119856

Big Shot Machine and Accessories

  • Big Shot Die Cutting Machine #113439
  • Square Lattice Textured Embossing Folder #119976

Order these Stampin’ Up! Supplies and more at my Online Stampin’ Up! Store and have your Stampin’ Up! merchandise delivered right to your door! View the Catalogs NOW.

Check back tomorrow for another Design Team Challenge and card!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

3 comments:

lisa808 said...

Beautiful card! Rich looking color combo. Thanks to DD for keeping you from pulling your hair out!

Pat said...

WOW! Very Pretty. You did a beautiful job even if you were a bit stumped at the start with all four colors.

gbarron56 said...

Sharon -- what WAS I thinking? LOL. I'll have to admit, I was as stumped as you but I loved the inspiration picture so I decided to give it a try! And the two reds together really do work. I love your DD's idea of stamping the darker cobbler on the real red cardstock. Great way to use the colors! Fabulous card this week, Sharon. thanks for being on the team! Blessings, Gretchen