Friday, December 17, 2010

Sneak Peek Punch and CAS SFF1217 Design Team Challenge

It’s time for Sketch Frenzy Friday, and this week’s sketch was provided for you by Design Team Member Angela Walters! It’s a clean and simple sketch, I can’t wait to see what the rest of the Design Team does with this sketch… great for a 5 minute card!

SFF1217_Angela_Walters

See… pretty simple, surely you can play along this week Winking smile  I decided to use some of my new Occasions Mini Catalog pre-order products for this challenge card.. in particular the Build a Blossom Stamp Set and matching Blossom Petals Extra-Large Punch, borrowing a classic Red & White color palate from my quilting days.  (I’ve always loved the classic look of a traditional Red and White or Blue and White Quilt...don’t you?)  Here’s my card for today’s Design Team Challenge:

SFF1217_SharonField

The stamped and punched petals were deliberately placed “outside the box” and a little off center.. I wanted it to have a natural floral appeal.  A little Faux Stitching in the corners of the greeting seemed to be a perfect little touch, just like the glitter brad center for the card.  I thought about adding additional layers, leaves, and of course my favorite antique brads… but decided I wanted to keep this card Clean and Simple (CAS) and USPS friendly.

Speaking of Clean and Simple (CAS)… this card was so easy to put together, it was complete in under 5 minutes!  That new punch is a real dream to work with… I just stamped a narrow strip of cardstock with the chosen petal from the Build A Blossom Stamp Set, and punched them out.. speedy quicko!

If you look closely, you can see the background for the flower has been embossed using the pretty polka dots embossing folder and my fun Big Shot Machine… I just love texture on a card, don’t you?  If you look closely again, you may think that the Riding Hood Red layer is crooked, but I promise you it is not.. I’m getting used to a new camera and had the angle a little off when I took the photo.  LOL.. had the card sitting on a lovely piece of Deck the Halls Scrapbook paper too!

Stamps and Supplies used in todays Design Team Card Share:

  • Stamps:  Build a Blossom, Four the Holidays
  • Cardstock:  Whisper White, Riding Hood Red
  • Classic Ink:  Riding Hood Red
  • Big Shot Machine and Pretty Polka Dots Textured Embossing Folder
  • Accessories:  Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Stampin’ Write Marker, Blossom Petals Extra-Large Punch

The Sketch Frenzy Friday Design Team operates a bit like a mini blog hop… the next stop on the team tour is Tammy Baldwin.  Be sure to check out her blog and links to subsequent blogs.  If you get lost along the way, the entire team list is on my sidebar here at Created By You

If you’ve been following my blog for any length of time, you know that tomorrow’s blog feature is tutorial based.  Whether you are a new follower, reader, or existing, I’d like to invite you to submit comments, ideas for articles, tutorials, and any stamp related question you would like to have answered.  I love writing meaningful and timely tutorials you can use in your crafting, just use the contact me tab at the top of the page to drop me a line… or leave a comment on any post.. I read each and every one!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

6 comments:

Tammy Fite said...

WOW! I really like that big blossom!! Very pretty!

Patrice H said...

WOW! That is a beautiful Card Sharon.
Happy Holidays to you and yours.

cboyachek said...

Cute - I love the little stitches as accents in the corner. You've made that blossom punch look like a tool I NEED!!!! Following you now from SC. I'm at www.stampinallaround.blogspot.com if you want to follow me too

inkedx2 said...

I love your card! I have ordered this but my order hasn't come in yet. Can't wait to play with it.

Robbie

nana_cindy42 said...

I really LOVE this card!!!! I, too, love 'Red Work'! I've been going to make a red work quilt for years 'when I find time'! haha. Anyway, this card is lovely in its simplicity and beautiful 'red work'! I can't wait to make one... that is after I move if I ever get thru this chore!!!

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Very pretty... love the red.