Sunday, December 12, 2010

Poinsettia Stamped Christmas and Floral Birthday Card Share

 

Today’s lovely card shares were not made by me… but I thought you would enjoy seeing them just the same!

This first card was made by one of my adopted down-line Chastity Thompson.  Chastity used the French Foliage Stamp Set, Old Olive Ribbon and Cardstock, my Shimmer Mist Technique which is featured on the tutorial tab here at Created By You, and a big shot machine and Pretty Petals Textured Embossing Folder to make this lovely and elegant Christmas card.  Her Christmas card got lots of oohs and aahs at my downline meeting last week, it really shimmers and sparkles in person!

 

Chastity_Christmas

This second card was actually created by one of my customers, who wanted a very special birthday card for a friend.  We scheduled a stampin’ date and after a brief question and answer session to determine just what she envisioned, Cindy and I created this very dimensional card. 

I know you’re going to ask… how on earth do you mail something like that.  Dimensionality was never an issue as the card was to be hand-delivered.  In fact, we also made a gift box for the card… in matching colors.  The special box was slightly larger than the card.  I look forward to hearing how much the recipient enjoyed Cindy’s handmade card and box.

P1070094_cindyCard

 

When making this card, we used the new Blossom Petals Punch from the Occasions Mini Catalog, and stamped or embossed the various petal layers to add more texture and interest.  The blossom petals punch of course will not be available until January… so this is a sneak peek of that fabulous new product… isn’t it fun?

I work a lot with Senior stampers… and found that older seniors prefer brighter colors, so we used build a bear designer series paper, tempting turquoise, pink pirouette, daffodil delight, whisper white and rose red cardstock to make this card pop in a  brightly colorful fashion.  A sponge dauber was used to add color along the edges and embossing on petals or leaves… and of course an antique brad in the center really pulls the whole card together.

We’re beginning to wind down and recoup from a very busy graduation weekend… thought I’d share a couple fun photos with you… 

Our DD and her older brother, who is currently in the USAF and stationed at Hill AFB in Utah… he’s a pretty serious young man.

P1000115

DD and her darling Daddy… the photo says it all Smile

P1000112

A group photo including my niece Shannon and her fiancée, Josh

P1000110

Well, Sunday is a day of rest and recoup for our household… and boy do I need it!  Hope to see you back here tomorrow, can’t wait to share a special card from Debbie (one of my new downline)..

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

3 comments:

Ms said...

I love your adopted downline's poinsettia. I've tried to make one but my colors just aren't right. Her's look so real....

And what proud parents you are and rightly so... great pictures....

Thank you for sharing....

nana_cindy42 said...

I love the poinsettia card!!!
And my sis-in-law absolutely LOVED the card we made for her birthday!! When my niece saw it she asked, "Is that Stampin' Up?" So Stampin' Up is well known in New Hampshire! And they couldn't get over the cute little box you made for it! All and all, the card and box were the hit of the birthday party!
PS: It's warmer here in southern NH than it is in Jax, FL! It's 9am and the temp is 48 deg!!!
Thanks again,
Cindy

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Wow, both of those are gorgeous! I can only imagine how stunning the poinsettia one is IRL with all the shimmer. Congrats to DD, enjoyed seeing your family photos!