Thursday, December 23, 2010

Jolly Little Sparkling Snowman… Quick and Easy CS12

This week’s Creative Sketches Design Team challenge is both a sketch and a theme.  The theme is Holidays… I truly debated which holiday to feature and actually made a Valentine card with sneak peek product from the Occasions Mini Catalog.  But… it is Christmas week, and I thought I’d better showcase a Christmas Holiday themed card to honor the season.  So, the Valentine card will wait… hope you like today’s sketch, theme, and card!

CS12

It’s Christmas week, and I simply couldn’t resist playing with the Jolly Old St. Nick Stamp set just one more time… I love the jovial images which always bring a smile to my heart!  Here’s my Design Team Card submission… hope you like it!

CS12_Holidaya

The card base is Early Espresso Cardstock.  The jolly snowman was stamped with Basic Gray Classic Ink onto Watercolor Paper, and color added with Aqua Painters and Stampin’ Write Markers.  I like using Basic Gray Classic Ink because it dries a bit quicker than Basic Black which is semi-permanent.

I know you’re going to ask… the ovals were traced onto the reverse side of Watercolor Paper and Brushed Gold Cardstock and hand cut… I wanted them just slightly larger than the snowman image!

 

Big Shot Multipurpose Adhesive was applied to the brushed gold cardstock, and then Dazzling Diamonds spooned over the sticky surface… it really glitters and almost glows in person!  Here’s a close-up:

CS12_Holidayb

I wanted the dazzling diamonds to have the ambiance of gently falling snow… so used a Xyron tape runner to apply adhesive to the watercolor paper.  The Xyron applies dots of adhesive, similar to Stampin’ Up Dotto… but in a wider swath of adhesive…. and that’s why you see ‘dots’ of diamonds surrounding the snowman. 

Although I considered applying shimmer mist to the background designer series paper, for some reason (unknown) I opted to leave it plain.  I liked the implied movement provided by the swirls on the Baja Breeze Elegant Soiree Designer Series Paper… made me feel as though the wind was blowing.. get it?

Stamps, and Supplies used for todays’ Jolly Sparkly Snowman Card:

  • Stamps:  Jolly Old St. Nick
  • Cardstock and Paper:   Brushed Gold, Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Watercolor Paper, Elegant Soiree Designer Series Paper
  • Classic Ink:  Basic Gray
  • Accessories: 

Hope you liked today’s card share… and will join the Creative Sketches Design Team this week in creating a sketch based holiday themed card… it can be any holiday you would like to make a card for… so you’re not limited to Christmas! 

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve… I wish you, your family and friends a safe, warm, and happy holiday! 

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

1 comment:

lisa808 said...

Sharon, I love how you added the sparkle to the ovals. So very pretty. And, yes, the DSP does look like the wind is swirling the snow.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.